from crash.net:-

Brookes left Alto Evolution Honda shortly after the team withdrew, it says temporarily, from the championship due to a bizarre series of events that included the alleged hijacking of the team's truck and then loss of access to race equipment due to subsequent legal action. Brookes will be replacing Frenchman Yoann Tiberio, who has been having a difficult season with the Stiggy team.

"I just can't tell you how happy I am to be joining the Stiggy Motorsport Honda team," enthused Brookes, who had partnered former WSS champion Karl Muggeridge at Alto Evolution. "Even without the events leading to Alto and I parting ways, to be offered a ride with Stiggy on the 600RR is a dream come true. Now, it just makes it sweeter still. I wanted to ride for Stiggy in 2006, but we couldn't get it together, so I had to pick up a ride where I could. At the time, I had no other options if I wanted to ride in the world championship, but it meant that things were never going to be easy.

"Stiggy Motorsport Honda is the type of team any rider would dream to ride for. Johan Stigefelt is a racer himself, so he knows how to make a team successful and prepare a fast bike. The 600RR is a real weapon, and the team has already had top three results this year, so I know the bike is fast. I love the CBR, and Supersport racing is almost the toughest class in the world, because the bikes are so even. I have got five rounds to make it happen. It's great to stay on a Honda, and even better knowing it's a winning package."

Brookes will be riding a 2007 spec CBR600RR, a direct descendant of the bike with which he won the 2004 WSS race as a wild-card at Phillip Island. Josh also won the 2005 Australian Supersport Championship for Honda.

Goooo Josh, awesome opportunity!