Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Traction Control

What is your thought on traction control, should it be allowed in MotoGP and WSBK?

I like the idea of the rider having the most influence possible on the bike.

Troy Corser said earlier this year that the bikes are becoming easier to ride thus bringing 'ordinary' riders closer to the front.

Nicky Hayden claims his improvements at Donington were related to less electronics and more human intervention (ie: himself)

As a spectator I like the idea of the rider controlling wheel spin via the throttle hand, not electronics.

Should MotoGP be the class that has all the new mod-cons and WSBK be a bit more workman like?

I want to see the rider man handle the bike, not the other way around.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Each rider might have different choice, ones get benefited with such instrument and it also has potent as trouble some for the rest.

As long as the electronic device doesn't interfere skill of the driver getting worse, I think it should be considered as modernized tolls on the way winning the game.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I still think the change to 800cc from 990 without removing traction control was a bad call. It should be more about the rider, not the bike.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    That might be the reason Rossi didn't shine this year, but he has no complaint about traction control this far.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't watch motor racing for the technology. I watch it to see the best rider/driver go at it with limited outside intervention.

On the other hand through motor racing so many great ideas have made it onto commercially available bikes/cars.

The topic was not created with the intent to put any rider down, simply to ask if there are any relevent opinions.

Where is the line drawn, was Doohans hand brake an aide? I know it was for a different purpose but where is the line. I guess in GP anything goes, it is really the separation between GP and WSBK.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The opinions made was still relevant, that the rider might have different taste about electronic device. Haga prefer manually operated bike like WSBK to electronic equipped motogp, and he can proof that he ride far better in WSBK instead of motogp.

I didn't see before that the expectation was about removing traction control on motogp will disclose the real ability of the rider.

I think traction control has been introduced since the former smaller class of 500 cc motogp, and therefore reducing the bike to 800 without removing the traction would be a bad call, IMO

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I mean wouldn't be a bad call

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    I don't watch motor racing for the technology. I watch it to see the best rider/driver go at it with limited outside intervention.

On the other hand through motor racing so many great ideas have made it onto commercially available bikes/cars.

The topic was not created with the intent to put any rider down, simply to ask if there are any relevent opinions.

Where is the line drawn, was Doohans hand brake an aide? I know it was for a different purpose but where is the line. I guess in GP anything goes, it is really the separation between GP and WSBK.
    This is a good topic Mach, well done.

I guess from my point of view, MotoGP is about prototypes and it would be too hard to police traction control. Plus, as mentioned, we do get the trickle down effect of technology coming through to production bikes which can be beneficial. In a perfect world, I'd like to see no traction control, especially in WSB but unless they run conrol electronics that can be monitored by the authorities, then I think it is going to be very hard to control.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its rumoured that one of the reasons Nicky found pace in the dry at Donington (aswell as the new chassis/exhaust) was that the team turned most of the traction control on his RC212V off, which enabled him to slide the bike under power/breaking more, the way in which he would whilst riding the 990. (his championship winning bike)

It will be interesting to see how his dry form progresses this w.e at Assen (fingers crossed for some good weather!)
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was reading that Ant West was struggling (mentally) with the concept of opening the throttle fully on the start line and letting the launch control get him away.

He was quoted as saying 'opening the throttle fully is a good way to flip the bike'.

Not anymore now that the auto pilot launches you!