Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Yeah, I was adding in more than you actually said. Sorry. But I was reading an article yesterday that sounded almost the same as what you said. The author was saying how the penalty was meaningless given Jeff and Jimmy's place in the standings. I think the penalty is very meaningful, especially the part that takes away the Crew Chief for 6 races. That could have a very significant impact on the effected teams.

Sorry to add more in than you actually mentioned.
    Thank you.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It seems to me a 100 point penalty and a $100,000 fine with a 6 race suspension for a non race infraction is way too much. Also it wasn't even during qualifing if I'm not mistaken. I think nascar is slowy ruining the sport. I for one don't watch or care about it as much as I used to. And when Tony George introduced his irl cars to indy and kicked out the cart cars to help his irl series succeed that's when I stopped going to the indy 500.

Why does everything have to get ruined by big money/business and politics?
    Don't take anything I post too seriously folks.
    I'm like a bottle of wine, I get better with age.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Mears
    Why does everything have to get ruined by big money/business and politics?
    cause thats the way the world works now
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Eury, Jr rips NASCAR over unclear COT rules, defends Hendrick crew chiefs

Dale Earnhardt, Jr’s crew chief Tony Eury, Jr is unhappy over the way NASCAR is policing the new rules for the ‘Car of Tomorrow’ and is letting NASCAR know it.
    Eury, Jr is just coming off the first COT-related suspension for illegal brackets placed on the No. 8 at Darlington six weeks ago and sees the latest penalties handed down to Hendrick crew chiefs Steve Latarte (Jeff Gordon) and Chad Knaus (Jimmie Johnson) as unfair.
    “Everybody [in the garage] is scared to death, saying ‘Where do I cross the line?’ said Eury, Jr. And there’s going to be guys that cross it. It’s like [Chad Knaus and Steve Letarte] — they didn’t know they were crossing it. They stepped out in the street and a bus hit ‘em. That ain’t right.”
    Nextel Cup director John Darby isn’t apologizing. He said Tuesday the sanctioning body is merely following up on a promise.
    “The problem I have with all [the criticism] is … don’t act surprised,” Darby said. “We told the world where we were going. We told the teams what we were going to do before we did it. Now all we’re doing is backing up what we told everybody, and we’ll continue to do that.”
    For the record, Eury understands and accepts his penalty, despite lingering frustration that, in his opinion, the illegal brackets placed on the No. 8 at Darlington were actually a disadvantage. The penalties levied against Knaus and Letarte, though?
    “My deal? Yeah, I’ll take my six weeks and [$100,000] and go on,” Eury said. “That’s what I should’ve got. But what [NASCAR] did to the 24 and 48, I think [NASCAR] blindsided everybody and put everybody on pins and needles.”
    Eury, Jr admits that the current trend of NASCAR’s rule book is getting more restrictive thus diminishing the enjoyment factor.
    “That’s my biggest [problem]. I think [NASCAR’s] trying to light a fire under everybody, but they’re also creating a problem for themselves. It’s been getting less and less fun the last three years. And all [NASCAR’s] doing is making it worse.”
    Eury said he’s all for reducing the number of cars in a team’s fleet. He appreciates the thought that teams can run the same car at Infineon and Daytona. But there have to be alteration tolerances for the teams.
    “There’s a way to do this together,” he said. “We can paint lines and say ‘That guy is wrong, this guy’s right.’ Right now it’s [NASCAR’s] way or no way. It needs to be all of us working together to determine what works and what don’t.
    “I was 2,000 miles away [from Sonoma] and knew exactly what [Knaus and Letarte] done, and I said, ‘Hell, that’s no big deal.’ I want some lines painted. I honestly don’t think those guys did anything wrong. NASCAR does, though, and it’s their ballgame.”
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente