Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Congratulations to JPM! It's a shame about Robby and Jr today, they ran much better than they finished, but hindsight is 20/20. Really wrecked my pickem's though.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Harvick also slowed alot those last 20 laps to save fuel. TNT never said it but they were 1 lap short and Harvick started saving and let Montoya by
    They also expected him to run out of gas around 2 or 3 to go and was about ten seconds ahead of Burton. To be honest, I don't think the 29 team really factored Juan into the equation. If they had, I don't think you would have seen the 29 lay back like they did.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Every year, this race seems to be about that last pit stop as much as the racing on the track. This just proves once again that a good crew chief who is aware can make a huge difference and Juan took full advantage of this as he charged forward. Great victory.....and I think it shocked some in Cup who didn't think JPM was that adept at passing people on the road course. Most of the top Cup guys think they are (quite rightly) the equal of the "ringers" but JPM I think showed them just how good an f1 guy can be....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    True. I was watching speed and Jeff Gordon said in an pre-race interview that even if Montoya had the skill to win that race, F1 guys are not used to pass people in track for position. Obviously he has not seen Montoya's videos in youtube.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianChiefJoy
    True. I was watching speed and Jeff Gordon said in an pre-race interview that even if Montoya had the skill to win that race, F1 guys are not used to pass people in track for position. Obviously he has not seen Montoya's videos in youtube.
    Juan isn't your typical F1 guy, which is probably why he got fed up with F1. He's a racer, not a driver unlike many of his former peers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NASCAR needs more road courses. I get sick of ovals after awhile. But I finally paid attention to NASCAR again this past weekend and they put on a good show.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    why Gordon is still a whiner.

did you hear what he said about Fellows, what a jerk
    What did he say?
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's good racing.

Watching the COT drive gracefully and seeing drivers err through the tight curves shows what a good road race can be where the driver has to be on his line, learn to baby his equipment, and not err.

NASCAR racing often is where the fastest car isn't the winner, but the driver and crew chief with the smartest brains win the race. The brain of the man on top of the pit box can win the race.

I didn't like comparing the race to F1. It was more like the old CART races at Road America where fast wasn't as important as the bloke who beat the other guys with smart driving and fuel conservation determined the game. Remember when guys ran out of methanol at Road America on Lap 49 and 50 of the 50-lap, 200-mile affairs?
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8