Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

I have an idea for cutting costs...

Ban all sponsor advertisements/logos on the cars. Surely that would mean less corporations spending money on formula one in order to gain publicity, therefore, less money is spent on the cars, due to less money from sponsors.

Therefore, reduced costs. Then we can all party like its 1967.

Thoughts?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So who would do the ban? It's contrary to the interests of everyone in a position to influence the rule making process.

But I would hope after Max gets the boot then someone would be willing to help cost cut by getting sponsors logos banned. Its a better idea than proposed 4-race engines

Hopefully it does happen, in the best interests of the drivers, teams, and spectators.

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    But I would hope after Max gets the boot then someone would be willing to help cost cut by getting sponsors logos banned. Its a better idea than proposed 4-race engines
    Aren't you actually talking about income cutting, rather than cost cutting?

Interesting idea though. Not necessarily good, but interesting. : Not good in my view, because it wouldn't eliminate the difference in resources that teams have. Someone is always going to have more money than the others. So what's the point, really?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Will never happen. No other sport would do it either...

Quote Originally Posted by studiose
    Aren't you actually talking about income cutting, rather than cost cutting?

Interesting idea though. Not necessarily good, but interesting. : Not good in my view, because it wouldn't eliminate the difference in resources that teams have. Someone is always going to have more money than the others. So what's the point, really?

Less income = Less money availiable to spend = less cost.

The cost cutting idea is not so all teams have equal money, but simply to lower the costs.

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Less income = Less money availiable to spend = less cost.

The cost cutting idea is not so all teams have equal money, but simply to lower the costs.
    Lowering income doesn't actually lower the cost, though. You'd notice that if you gave away all your money and then went to a car dealer to buy a Porsche. The majority of supplies for an F1 would team would probably cost whatever they currently cost, regardless of how much income the F1 team has. If they had less money, they'd just buy cheaper components. And what's the purpose of that?

You could say, lowering the entry barrier for new teams. But we currently have more new applicants than vacancies, so again we come back to the ever persistent question - what's the point?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you cut the income of the teams, how would Ferrari pay Michael's salary, or McLaren Fernando's salary???

Not a very good idea to me!

sorry mate!
    ÑBA I love this game! :up:

How they used to...

With their own money.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Without sponsorship and nobody to "pay the bills" every form of racing would be down to a handful of works teams with a very wealthy privateer or two and not much else.

No advertising also means no TV coverage, no product tie ins (ie model kits, apparel, diecast etc.). Without sponsorship all forms of motorsport would collapse under their own weight.

Let's face it, the best way to make a million bucks in racing is to start with two million.
    Doc Wiseman
    Too dumb for opera, too smart for NASCAR