Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking MotoGP - Donington

Hi Again Guys, as the post says your views on forthcoming Donington British GP 2007, all your views and not just about the big class, also would like your views on 250 & 125 Classes ?

Saluti
    alfa155btcc
    mokin: mokin: mokin:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What ? You don't have any ?
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    What ? You don't have any ?
    Check and mate!

Considering Donny's questionable weather in the past im going to make dry and wet predictions for all three categories:

MotoGP:
    1. Pedrosa
    2. Stoner
    3. Rossi

MotoGP(Wet):
    1. Vermeulen
    2. West
    3. Melandri

Pole> Hopkins

250:
    1. Lorenzo
    2. Dovi
    3. DeAngelis

250(Wet):
    1. DeAngelis
    2. Simon
    3. Umm, i dunno whose good in the wet without Westy there!

Pole> Lorenzo (no! Really!?!! :laugh

125:
    1. Smith (goooo young bradley)
    2. Pasini (he NEEDS some luck)
    3. Gadea

125(Wet):
    1. Smith
    2. Bonsey (why not!)
    3. Krummenacher (found a bit of form!)

Pole> Koyama

All in all I cant wait to see Westy in with the big boys! Should be a great weekend of racing, one im going to enjoy like none other..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it will be -

Moto gp
    1.Rossi
    2.Stoner
    3.Pedrosa

250 class
    1.Lorenzo
    2.Dovi
    3.Simon

125 Class
    1.Pasini (its got to come good sometime)
    2.Gadea
    3.Smith

Saluti and here is to a great weekend of racing weather permiting.
    mokin: mokin: mokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It does look like rain for Saturday and Sunday, according to the forecast. I'm heading down to Donington just for raceday this year, can't make Saturday unfortunately - it's best to take pictures during practice, rather than when the races are on.

As for predictions, if it's wet, can't argue with Jake's prediction although I'm thinking Randy de Puniet could be up there too - just thinking back to the 2005 250cc race which was held in a torrential downpour - Randy won ahead of Westy and Casey in one of the best races I've seen.

In the 125s would be nice to see Bradley up the front too at home, he's doing really well on a bike that isn't a match for the Aprilias on some circuits - he really didn't stand a chance at Mugello or Catalunya on raw power. And I'd like to see Mattia Pasini do well - on raw pace I reckon he's the fastest in 125s this year, but has had terrible luck (how many mechanical DNFs, a couple of races where he led then dropped back with problems, then a mechanical which caused a crash...). And my boy Raffaele de Rosa is due a good result, he's been near the podium a couple of times but has also been unlucky in a couple.

For the 250s, two of my fave riders in the class go well at Donington - that'd be Alvaro and Dovi (although Dovi fell last year, remounted to 6th) so hopefully they can get a good one too although Jorge is looking dominant (has anyone looked at http://www.lorenzo48.com/ - good for a laugh). Don't really know about rain form in the class these days although Julian Simon won in the wet on a 125 a couple of years ago.

In the main class - well Rossi loves Donington, always goes well and Colin Edwards has some form in the UK despite his recent crap showings. I wouldn't imagine it'd suit the Ducati too well but am prepared to be wrong, like at Le Mans! However I expect Honda to go well, and in particular any Michelin-shod bike relative to the Bridgies, who've struggled at Donington so far.

Should be interesting!
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes it`s gonna be wet alright,

Think Moto gp class if it`s wet is gonna be between Vermulan, Rossi and Pedrosa maybe Melandri

Saluti
    mokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Doesn't matter if its wet or dry, Stoner will win it on sunday.. Duc/Stoner simply can't be beaten at the moment
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pedrosa and Hayden finish 1st and 2nd in final practice on friday, good news for honda
    mokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    but it was Stoner who was fastest..
    good from Dani btw, I remember him being lapped in a rainy Australia last year! Look where he is now
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dani is looking much better in the wet recently - impressive stuff.

I'll be packing the raincoat, tent, hats, gloves, etc for Sunday. Oh, and a powerboat to get there.

Although, for all the 'look at the Brits and their crappy weather', Julian and Toby on Eurosport mentioned that it's only been wet twice in 21 years of the GP at Donington (2000 - Rossi's first 500cc win, McWilliams on the podium on the Aprilia twin, Ralf Waldmann's 'back-to-front' win in 250s, and 2005 - 'The Monsoon' as I refer to it ). It's been wetter at Jerez, Estoril, etc!
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008