Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool Nascar on "Road" circuit

why Nascar is doing only 2 road racing events, at Infenion Sears Point and Watkins Glenn
    i think that is very poor even I know its all about "stock cars" running on big ovals.
    Subaru World Rally champion...in 2008 :D

2007 Overall Pickems Champion
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    It's been debated on the old forum whether NASCAR should have more road courses or not.

http://archive.motorsportforums.com/...hreadid=123833

I believe NASCAR Nextel Cup will stick to just two in the mid-term future (with the possible addition of the "Gilles Villneuve" track in Montreal, Canada) because the 'predominant oval series' is a stock-car recipe for success. Besides that, they don't want too many European drivers who master road courses better than most current NNC regulars.
    "Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus"
    http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like it how it is..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wish they would run more road courses. It would be great to see stock cars at Road America, Laguna Seca, Miller Motorsports Park, Road Atlanta, etc.

The road races are the most exciting (not like that says much...try to name 1 race that was exciting for ALL FOUR HOURS...you just can't), and they will be the only races I watch next year, besides maybe Richmond and the races I already planned to attend.

However, I'd honestly prefer to see NASCAR fall apart on ovals and F1 take all the US road courses (never gunna happen).
    totalf1.com/forums/blog/eric/index.php?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nascar cars are not suitable for tracks like Laguna Seca or Road Atlanta, but it will be great of course to see them there, at least the Busch
    Subaru World Rally champion...in 2008 :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru WRX
    why Nascar is doing only 2 road racing events, at Infenion Sears Point and Watkins Glenn
    i think that is very poor even I know its all about "stock cars" running on big ovals.
    In the US, most professional auto racing has always been done on ovals. It's the tradition here. Traditions don't change easily.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    None of NASCAR's race vehicles are suitable for road courses. That's why those races are so much fun to watch. I'd like to see more added to the schedule.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes, they are the only cars that can pass on a road course, hense they are not suitable cars :

I would like to see Portland come back to the CTS or NBS. Road America would be funny especially if some one would run out of gas on the last lap,
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru WRX
    Nascar cars are not suitable for tracks like Laguna Seca or Road Atlanta, but it will be great of course to see them there, at least the Busch
    I saw 3 or 4 Winston West races at Laguna Seca in the 80s. There's really nothing wrong with the cars at road courses, it was most of the drivers didn't know how to drive them. There were maybe 3 drivers that could drive well, Jimmy Insolo in partiular was fast.
    With the current group of Cup drivers at LS, 1 or 2 would hit the perfect setup and run off, another half dozen would be close, half the field would be mediocre, and a few struggling at the back. Hardly different from most other Cup races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nascar should drop all the road courses