Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the price of beer

I was in Tescos earlier and I commented to the wife that they're damn near giving the stuff away, you can get 3 x 12 packs of Bud for £20 fercrissakes, and everywhere greedy b+++++ds , I mean bargain hunters, were laden with multiples of 3 boxes, clogging up all the check-outs etc, then on the news I heard some Scottish MP saying the exact same thing adding that Tesco etc have a moral obligation not to flog cheap beer to the masses.

Do you think its never cheap enough or it should be taxed more heavily for health and environmental reasons?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not old enougth to buy beer yet so no comment
    I solumly swear I'm up to no good :devil:

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    I was in Tescos earlier and I commented to the wife that they're damn near giving the stuff away, you can get 3 x 12 packs of Bud for £20 fercrissakes, and everywhere greedy b+++++ds , I mean bargain hunters, were laden with multiples of 3 boxes, clogging up all the check-outs etc, then on the news I heard some Scottish MP saying the exact same thing adding that Tesco etc have a moral obligation not to flog cheap beer to the masses.

Do you think its never cheap enough or it should be taxed more heavily for health and environmental reasons?

The price of BEER ??

You gave the thread the wrong title

Budweiser isn't considered beer. It is cheap, fizzy american crap! The same way that american cheese isn't atually cheese. :\ I wouldn't even buy it for 55p a bottle.

For a real bargain try 4 bottles of 'Spitfire' for £5 at Morrison's (please don't shop at Tesco or Morrison's. Shop at Booths )
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="Brown, Jon Brow"]The price of BEER ??

You gave the thread the wrong title

Budweiser isn't considered beer. It is cheap, fizzy american crap!

"True" as they used to say in the ad, but alot of people will drink any old p++s if the price is right.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I wouldn't drink Bud if they paid me!

Having just stocked up in France, I can now forget about the UK price of beer for the rest of the summer!
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    beer is expensive here but beer in pubs is getting cheaper.... i got 4 pints for $10! woot!!!
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't afford to shop at boothes as it is so expensive, anyway what is wrong with budweiser

Liked 581 Times in 213 Posts
    Ah yes but they were in Tescos with their trolleys filled with other stuff too... Tesco can afford the promotion and think it's worth it.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 678 Times in 474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey

When I was in Okinawa Japan, they had beer from the Phillipines that you could buy on base for right about $2.25..... for a CASE!

And yet they wondered why a lot of the younger military people had a drinking problem.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My friends got 3 crates of strongbow (24 cans in each, I think) for £20, brilliant.

People should be allowed (and forced..) to take more responsibility for their actions. Although that's a hard statment when you think about alcoholism.