Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Giedo's father in law is boss at telecom company called Telfort and they are under the wings of the biggest dutch telecom KPN who'd sponsered Doornbos in his first year at Jordan/midland.
    So it wouldn't surprise me aft Telfort or KPN will be presented as a big sponser at Spyker in the next couple of days.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Isnt van der Garde is also part of the McLaren young driver development program?
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Whatever happend to the Aguri vs Spyker fight over Van Der Garde?

I was just wondering if you've read any futher news on that story. Last thing I've heard is that Aguri claims to have a valid contract and will appeal at the Drivers’ Contract Recognition Board.

What happend eventually? Funny thing is, van der Garde hardly came 300km in an F1 car yet (his F1 tests were anything but trouble free) and he doesnt even have a superlicence. Spyker want him to drive the 3rd car in Albert park on friday morning, but FIA -as per March the 9th- havnt decided on the licence yet. Therefor the team asked Winkelhock to travel down-under and be ready for a friday test would van der Garde fail to get the licence.

Is it possible that FIA holds the licence back because they are waiting for the Drivers’ Contract Recognition Board's view on the whole thing first?

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Unlikely, the CRB and the Superlicence boards are two very different things, if he can drive, he can drive and will get the licence. It's then down to the CRB to decide who for!!

It will be interesting to see who becomes everyone's favourite underdog this year, I'm with Spyker!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why would 2 teams fight over him? He's crap!!! did nothing spectacular in EuroF3... im sure they could get someone better... who comes with money (cause thats the only reason i see thee two teams fighting over him... $$$)
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millencolin
    Why would 2 teams fight over him?
    http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns18021.html

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Is van der Garde that good or he's paying enough for it

Giedo van der Garde was initially signed for the role in 2007 by Super Aguri, but the Dutch rookie subsequently and controversially switched to the Spyker camp.
    Link: http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...15075212.shtml
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cos
    "Add to this information rumours in recent weeks about Boekhoorn buying a share of Super Aguri F1"

I suppose they mean Spyker.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Osella
    Unlikely, the CRB and the Superlicence boards are two very different things, if he can drive, he can drive and will get the licence. It's then down to the CRB to decide who for!!
    from f1live.com :

He is in Australia, but must sit out proceedings on Friday because the FIA will only issue a Super License to a driver if his relevant contract is lodged with the Contracts Recognition Board.

The only valid 2007 contract lodged with the CRB bearing van der Garde's signature was drafted by Leafield based Super Aguri.

"That means he cannot get another licence to drive with another team," Super Aguri's managing director Daniele Audetto said in Melbourne.

you see, you couldnt be more wrong :P