Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

MS turns down Ferrari boss role

According to J Todt, MS would be the right person at the top of Gestione Sportiva but Michael doesn't want to.

"You must always try to plan for the future," Todt told the media in Monaco when asked about who he would like to head Ferrari's racing division.

"Michael has the skills to do it and for me it would be the best, but he does not want to do it. Michael loves the team and the team loves him.

"He is a very clever guy, he knows that to be the head of Gestione Sportiva is a very demanding job where you need to spend 10 or 12 hours every day in the office and be solving problems.

"Simply he doesn't want to do that which I can understand."

Link: http://forums.motorsport.com/forums/...newthread&f=94

It would be good if he accepted though, he really cauld drive the team forward when Todt retires.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    It seems that after the relentless pressure and effort of his driving career, Michael is looking for the quiet life.

Being witness to the efforts of Messrs Brawn, Todt et al over the years may have deterred Schumacher from taking on a similar role. Or maybe he feels that being team boss would just be mundane when compared with his extraordinary driving exploits.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hell, with the money he's got, why in the world would he go back to work? lmao...

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevincal
    Hell, with the money he's got, why in the world would he go back to work? lmao...

Because some work, as opposed to most of what we do, can be interesting?

I can only imagine how much fun running a Formula 1 team should be.

It's like when Michael Dell said "You don't know how much fun running a multi-billion dollar company in 70 something countries is"
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Simply because there will be no Rubens/Irvine!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by futuretiger9
    It seems that after the relentless pressure and effort of his driving career, Michael is looking for the quiet life.
    He deserves it!
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aryan

It's like when Michael Dell said "You don't know how much fun running a multi-billion dollar company in 70 something countries is"
    Now see, I think like MS...I love driving, I hate white collar work...lol I'm sure some of you intellectuals would love to run an F1 team. But to me, It would be way too stressfull and tedious...

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I can't see what that job would offer him other than long hours away from his family. Something that he has just spent 16 years doing. He would earn a fraction of the money he earnt as a driver and would have to work many times as hard.

He'd also have to follow Jean Todt, the most successful Ferrari team boss in history. Michael's used to being the one whose shoes people have to fill, not the other way around. All he has to do is look at how Kimi is going to see what happens when you don't immediately live up to people's expectations after replacing a legend. Peolple are already starting to right the Finn off and he's made exactly one mistake (Monaco qualifying) all year.

Schumi's far better off getting any residule F1 addiction out of his system by turning up to a few races doing whatever it is that an F1 consultant does.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aryan

F! that!!

Un-Checked Capitalism leads to greed that is never satisfied. For a fraction of the cash either ****er has I would do nothing for the rest of my life but watch TV and relax.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsarcasm
    F! that!!

Un-Checked Capitalism leads to greed that is never satisfied. For a fraction of the cash either ****er has I would do nothing for the rest of my life but watch TV and relax.
    You misread my comment.

I am not trying to defend capitalism here, but it's not about capitalism or greed, you misread my original post. It's about jobs that can be interesting and for me, running a multi-billion dollar company (read: big) operating in 70 plus countries is fun. Forget that, I'm sure running a BIG charity operating in 70 plus countries (think Amnesty International or Medecins Sans Frontiere) is also fun.

Now, if your idea of fun is just watching TV and relaxing, then we have to agree that human beings differ from each other and desire and take satisfaction from different jobs. I personally don't have a TV set at my house anymore, and can't understand how anyone can view watching passive streams of ads as anything remotely fun or relaxing.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver