Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758
    Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    is it possible for us to guess if we would have had that amount of destroyed tires if there were other brands competing? cuz it looked way to much, especially for evans.

Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    Who else is thinking that new points system is really helping Neuville and Tanak? They are pretty fast and always fights on Sunday, while Elfyn is not that quick as them in direct fights..

3. Likes: WRC1 (1st April 2024)
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    is it possible for us to guess if we would have had that amount of destroyed tires if there were other brands competing? cuz it looked way to much, especially for evans.
    Last year we bought 4x Pirellis, and every single one of these punctured. The rest we got in 2021 (which involved lengthy debate with organisers whether they were legal or not for us to use, turned out I was correct), and all of those were fine.

I don’t think that was a coincidence.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Last year we bought 4x Pirellis, and every single one of these punctured. The rest we got in 2021 (which involved lengthy debate with organisers whether they were legal or not for us to use, turned out I was correct), and all of those were fine.

I don’t think that was a coincidence.

As in an older batch of Pirellis was stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    As in an older batch of Pirellis was stronger?
    Yes, the newer ones last year were K4B(/K6B), but the previous ones were K4A/K6A. Just a different version of the tyre but not sure if the exact differences.

Minesh bought a load of tyres in 2021 but then had issues very early on, then restarted Sunday and went off. So had lots left for 2022 (they kicked us out the WRC event into the KNRC event as we hadn’t ordered new ones, it was only due to my last minute plea to Timo Rautinen that it got sorted and we were reinstated).
    Then last year we retired after SS3, got car repaired and put into parc ferme to restart - were just about to leave but got called in to speak to scrutineers who told us to speak to Pirelli, who eventually agreed they were fine (but it isn’t anything to do with them?), then I had a long long discussion with the FIA depute technical delegate who kept insisting that we couldn’t use the older tyres, eventually he looked up the regulations and must have realised that I was right, but he didn’t want to admit it. Then made me stand in the rain for 2 hours before I got a message from the CRO saying we were ok to restart

7. Likes: becher (1st April 2024),manthey (1st April 2024),Paul Hudson (1st April 2024)
    Liked 582 Times in 177 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    Who else is thinking that new points system is really helping Neuville and Tanak? They are pretty fast and always fights on Sunday, while Elfyn is not that quick as them in direct fights..
    not really, when compare Neuville and Tanak with Evans

Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    Yet people were saying it was helping Evans too much after Sweden….

Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Yet people were saying it was helping Evans too much after Sweden….
    I dont think so, Hyundai's boys are the ones who often have reliability issues on Friday or Saturday

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    FULL ONBOARD - SS6 Rovanperä/Halttunen | WRC Safari Rally Kenya 2024 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYnCwvXNABw

FULL ONBOARD - SS13 Tänak/Järveoja | WRC Safari Rally Kenya 2024 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMb8nfggjb4
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    According to Dirtfish podcast the 'fancy' Toyota snorkel was knocked up.in 2 days during Elfyn Evans PET.

It was made with parts they had around even though the finished part looked like it had cost €1000s.

A great job by the team and it reduced ingestion of water & dust to almost nil.