Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2024 - Race 1 Bahrain

Mercedes 1-2 in P2 time charts.

Horner in the clear, then Horner ...who knows

Qualifying looks like it could be a shootout between RB, Ferrari, and Mercedes

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Not a surprise to see Max taking the pole position. It was a good qualifying session overall with plenty of really close times in the top 10.

FanAmp and r/GrandPrixTravel - Two Wonderful Places for F1 Fans

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Nothing really surprising in qual other than the Haas car getting in there. It looks like all the cars have improved some, and overall the field is still tightening up.

It will be interesting to see if race pace proves the same. I think the Ferraris and Red Bulls did better with tire degradation, and the McLarens might be able to compete as well.

Any wagers on which cars might happen to have their planks checked after the race? To the naked eye it sure looks like Mercedes might be pushing some limits there.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    End results are not surprising with RB #1 and #2. But disappointing as it looks like this won't be all that exciting of season.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Not much changed. Sainz is going to show somebody that he needs a drive for next season.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    At this point I'd just like to see Alonso, Lewis, Lando, Charles... in the RB so we know how much is the car and how much is Max. Granted Checo brought it to 2nd but he didn't show the domination Max is showing. And in either case, it looks like other cars might be able to compete with at least one of the RB cars, so they might be stealing some points from them as the season goes on.

Sainz had the best drive of the "rest of the best" IMHO. He kept his head down and things went well. Granted Charles had admitted brake issues, and Lewis had a good race as well. Both Lando and Oscar made good showings, but the car seems not quite up to par with the Merc or Ferrari most likely.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    End results are not surprising with RB #1 and #2. But disappointing as it looks like this won't be all that exciting of season.
    I think it is too early to say. I would give it at least three races before we can write off the season. I must admit that Bahrain was a bit predictable. But the gap seems not to be as great as it was last year. Also, none of the challengers was able to unleash the true potential of their car in Bahrain. I think there would be the occasional upset before mid-season. And l expect it to get much closer and harder for Redbull in the second half of the season. That is not to say Redbull would not win both championships, they would probably need to work much harder for it this time around.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare