Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    we see this more and more and I think it's utterly stupid.
    One small mistake that would normally make you lose a little like a bend wheel time will now completely ruin your rally because you can't get it fixed.
    They should at least allow the mechanics to bring the parts to the regroup and let the drivers themself try and fix it. That would create some nice epic story's, instead of forcing drivers to just retire because they can't get if repaired.
    “We want more endurance in rallies, it shouldn’t be a sprint!”

“No, not like that”

You can carry spare parts in the car if you want to, or take the risk not to.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

2. Likes: Backa (18th April 2024),becher (18th April 2024),Fast Eddie WRC (18th April 2024)
    Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    One small mistake that would normally make you lose a little like a bend wheel time will now completely ruin your rally because you can't get it fixed.
    They should at least allow the mechanics to bring the parts to the regroup and let the drivers themself try and fix it. That would create some nice epic story's, instead of forcing drivers to just retire because they can't get if repaired.
    It is just because of Platak stage

Liked 145 Times in 88 Posts
    Lets see tomorrow, hope for a good battle between top guys. Thierry wil be fast i think! Curious for the speed of Fourmaux, could be fast here as well.

Wrc 2 i think Rossel wil be the benchmark.

No service during the day is stupid i agree, remote service is the answer!

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    But we also have post-saturday points reset. I would say friday's issues matter less this year for overall point gain than in previous seasons.

6. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (18th April 2024)
    Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Backa View Post
    But we also have post-saturday points reset. I would say friday's issues matter less this year for overall point gain than in previous seasons.
    That certainly helps, but it doesn't help on Friday afternoon if your preferred driver broke a prop shaft on stage 3.

Once upon a time, when rally was primarily consumed via news reports and highlights and so on at the end of the day, this was less important. But if you want to sell live video to people who watch the whole of every stage, there has to be something for them to watch. It has to be interesting as it goes along, not just at the end of the day.

It's not like we have a lot of WRC1 cars now. Imagine if Friday started with 2.5 teams and restarted after lunch with 1.5...

And here we go!

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Puh. Had to log in, but computer also was in bad shape... Pickems closed.
    Let´s start the rally!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    But if you want to sell live video to people who watch the whole of every stage, there has to be something for them to watch. It has to be interesting as it goes along, not just at the end of the day.
    If driver hits problems, loses minutes and thus are out of the contention, they hardly are interesting to watch any more. They are not going to win and only win matters. If I'd like watching cars being driven, I'd camp along motorway.

Liked 2,131 Times in 925 Posts
    Tanak losing a looot to Neuville.. +8.5 on split 5

E: +17.8 at finish
    Last edited by TypeR; 19th April 2024 at 06:22.

Well, stage 1 at least appears to have strong reverse-cleaning. I wonder if the whole rally will be like this. If so, Neuville is looking very hard to beat.