Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    The best thing about cruising is that nobody really notices it except by looking at the time sheets. Those small differences between pushing and driving safe are almost invisible to spectators.

Well, at least it was not noticeable untill they needed to drive extremely slow to save their tyres for the powerstage.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    The best thing about cruising is that nobody really notices it except by looking at the time sheets. Those small differences between pushing and driving safe are almost invisible to spectators.

Well, at least it was not noticeable untill they needed to drive extremely slow to save their tyres for the powerstage.
    I'm not sure who will agree with you there. Was always clear to me even when stood stage side with no signal who is pushing or cruising.

It was noticeable but nobody really cared until every stage was broadcast live and there were only a handful of top class cars.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    I'm not sure who will agree with you there. Was always clear to me even when stood stage side with no signal who is pushing or cruising.

It was noticeable but nobody really cared until every stage was broadcast live and there were only a handful of top class cars.
    that's not true. there are level of it. you can always tell if someone is conservative or not, but somehow on pace and no one complains. In the last couple of years there was an extreme that was really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    that's not true. there are level of it. you can always tell if someone is conservative or not, but somehow on pace and no one complains. In the last couple of years there was an extreme that was really disappointing.
    What's not true? If not the AllLive factor, what else do you put your disappointment down to? Many here have said cruising was always a part of motorsport, so what changed?

What's not true? If not the AllLive factor, what else do you put your disappointment down to? Many here have said cruising was always a part of motorsport, so what changed?
    it changed the way of it. losing 10s in 10 km is way different than losing 1 min in the same distance. all live has nothing to do with it. i was very disappointed to see sunday live on stage, not on tv/pc, only to find half of rally1 car going as slow as broken. i totally don't mind "normal" cruising, a bit more when is like "road mode" on special stage. and the latter happened a lot of time in the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    it changed the way of it. losing 10s in 10 km is way different than losing 1 min in the same distance. all live has nothing to do with it. i was very disappointed to see sunday live on stage, not on tv/pc, only to find half of rally1 car going as slow as broken. i totally don't mind "normal" cruising, a bit more when is like "road mode" on special stage. and the latter happened a lot of time in the last couple of years.
    So cruising is more extreme now than in the past? Maybe you are right, and maybe it has something to do with not enough top cars. I still think that it's only a problem to anybody watching live.

So cruising is more extreme now than in the past? Maybe you are right, and maybe it has something to do with not enough top cars. I still think that it's only a problem to anybody watching live.
    yes, definitely been more extreme in the last 2 years, and yes not enough top car doen't help whern you have 8 car and 4/5 are really slow. i already said this, last 2/3 wrc rounds i saw live, lots of people just skipped sunday because of extreme cruising.
    Last edited by wyler; 25th February 2024 at 20:26.

Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JRodrigues View Post
    Why? Because it's "fair"? Is it also "fair" that he got road advantage?
    Thing is, it doesn't make a difference why the distance is big. If we believe Neuville and Hyundai reg. the tech issues. And Evans spinning once at high speed, not getting stuck, and not loosing more time when he scooped snow in the air intake. Then we were very close to every driver except Lappi and Fourmaux having some sort of issue. Lappi would still drive safe due to this, but now his lead would be based on others making mistakes, not conditions. He would still score less points, and his win being literally pointless, even though it had all to do with him driving best and not making mistakes, not conditions...

Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    I think it's being overlooked that in the age of 'part-time' drivers, this points system is actually best at rewarding those doing the full championship.
    In the age of part-time drivers? I mean. The vast majority of years in rally were part-time drivers. I don't think there's been more than 5-6 seasons, possibly 7 where we've had double digit amount of drivers doing a full season. (That is including e.g Burns in 2003 and Martin 2005 as a full season)

9. Likes: becher (25th February 2024),steve.mandzij (31st March 2024)
    Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    New points system seems to make sundays more interesting but we have also another rally where winning whole thing is undervalued in points.

Points - Driver (position in rally):

20 - Rovanpera (1)
    19 - Neuville (5)
    18 - Katsuta (2)
    17 - Fourmaux (3)
    16 - Evans (4)
    12 - Tanak (8)
    6 - Greensmith (6)
    4 - Solberg (7)
    4 - Lappi (12)
    3 - Kajetanowicz (10)
    2 - Serderidis (9)
    2 - G. Munster (15)

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Backa View Post
    New points system seems to make sundays more interesting but we have also another rally where winning whole thing is undervalued in points.

Points - Driver (position in rally):

20 - Rovanpera (1)
    19 - Neuville (5)
    18 - Katsuta (2)
    17 - Fourmaux (3)
    16 - Evans (4)
    12 - Tanak (8)
    6 - Greensmith (6)
    4 - Solberg (7)
    4 - Lappi (12)
    3 - Kajetanowicz (10)
    2 - Serderidis (9)
    2 - G. Munster (15)
    Well we can't do anything about it. Drivers can only benefit from it. And I think that after 3 rounds the season looks exciting as it should always be, but I think it's not due to points system, but more level playing field. Sorry Kalle, but you and Sebs are unfortunately too good for the rest. Look how Neuville, Evans, Katsuta, Lappi, Tanak and Adrien are so close in battles without those three for scoring points. That make each round so exciting.

F1 is so boring just because of that dominant force. And it looks like it will not change anytime soon.

12. Likes: Backa (31st March 2024),PLuto (31st March 2024),Rallyper (31st March 2024)