Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    If he will become perona non grata in redbull, he will be seen in all red before the end of the season. Could be sooner if all stars allign!

2. Likes: N. Jones (27th February 2024)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    I have read the limited stuff people have posted (I assume it is the worst), and it is pretty tame in this world. Horner's biggest problem is his wife.

Problem also in the stuff that has been released has putting in fake stuff, which makes know what it the ground truth more difficult. There were some made up conversation between Horner and Seb that were hilarious.

The rumors where that Jos was the one who leaked the story to media, then of course after he was cleared, then it got leaked again from somebody inside the RB, and now Jos is calling for Horner to resign. So, the question has to be, what happened between Jos and Horner last year? Assuming it is Jos (or his minions) who leaked the who ordeal in the first place, they are doing it without regard for the privacy of the women who probably didn't want this story to come out in the international press (her name has been leaked now). So Jos is just as big of dirtbag as Horner.

What would be interesting - is either RB or Verstappen blow up his contract and Max goes to Mercedes. Lets see if it Adrian Newey or Max in 2025?

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Pretty difficult situation that Red Bull find themselves in... its in both parties interests⁴ to sort it out and stay together but its looking more and more that its way beyond that possibility. If they ban Jos from the garage then Max might feel he has no RB future. If they get Horner out then Newey probably leaves with him.

Max and Newey are both key personel for the team but if you had a choice to make, who would it be?

I think I'd probably keep Horner/Newey... Jos/Max can either accept it and agree to get on for the greater good of the team or they can go elsewhere to an inferior car. I'm sure Merc would take Max.

Thoughts?

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Pretty difficult situation that Red Bull find themselves in... its in both parties interests⁴ to sort it out and stay together but its looking more and more that its way beyond that possibility. If they ban Jos from the garage then Max might feel he has no RB future. If they get Horner out then Newey probably leaves with him.

Max and Newey are both key personel for the team but if you had a choice to make, who would it be?

I think I'd probably keep Horner/Newey... Jos/Max can either accept it and agree to get on for the greater good of the team or they can go elsewhere to an inferior car. I'm sure Merc would take Max.

Thoughts?
    Any team would love to take Max but I don't think Red Bull is let this happen at almost any cost.
    FanAmp and r/GrandPrixTravel - Two Wonderful Places for F1 Fans

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Hard to say what will come of all the drama, if anything. Beyond knowing the very little that is confirmed as fact, it's a crap storm of speculation that in most cases seems to be based on shaky reports from less than trustworthy sources. The way the Google Drive appeared after Horner was initially cleared leads me to think that regardless of the source it's more of a smear campaign than anything else. Someone probably wants Horner gone, but we aren't quite sure who. Maybe that will all come out in the wash.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    There are rumors that Jos is working with Toto to bring Max over to Mercedes next year.

As sources in and around the paddock now believe Jos is lining his son up for the available Mercedes seat next season in a blockbuster switch.

Jos has been seen with pal and Mercedes boss Toto Wolff for more regular and cheerful chats than ever since the sexting allegations against Horner came out.

The pair were spotted together deep in conversation on several occasions at the first race of the F1 season in Bahrain as a very public feud between Jos and Horner continues to rumble on.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    There are rumors that Jos is working with Toto to bring Max over to Mercedes next year.
    I can definitely see that happening. Redbull with a Ford engine would most likely not be competitive in 2026 when the new regulations kick in. Verstappen is the sort of driver that could fill Hamilton's shoes at Mercedes. Assuming Mercedes can get their act together for the 2026 season, we are set for a battle royal between Mercedes and Ferrari. As Hamilton takes the Ferrari on a head-to-head battle with Verstappen for round two.
    If this happens, then Russell's seat would be at risk from Kimi Antonelli l would think.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    I have read the limited stuff people have posted (I assume it is the worst), and it is pretty tame in this world. Horner's biggest problem is his wife.

Problem also in the stuff that has been released has putting in fake stuff, which makes know what it the ground truth more difficult. There were some made up conversation between Horner and Seb that were hilarious.

The rumors where that Jos was the one who leaked the story to media, then of course after he was cleared, then it got leaked again from somebody inside the RB, and now Jos is calling for Horner to resign. So, the question has to be, what happened between Jos and Horner last year? Assuming it is Jos (or his minions) who leaked the who ordeal in the first place, they are doing it without regard for the privacy of the women who probably didn't want this story to come out in the international press (her name has been leaked now). So Jos is just as big of dirtbag as Horner.

What would be interesting - is either RB or Verstappen blow up his contract and Max goes to Mercedes. Lets see if it Adrian Newey or Max in 2025?
    I doubt Jos would risk being sued for breach of privacy. I don't think he is that stupid. Besides, if he did, he would not find many friends in the paddock. Which team boss would want a backstabber like that in their team regardless of how well-regarded Max is? There is more to meet the eyes. It is looking more likely that Horner is probably not as innocent as he claims to be. Secondly, he may have rubbed someone influential in Redbull the wrong way and is facing the brunt of that.
    Now the FIA is wading in, transparency may happen and they may have a say on the matter which might complicate things for both Redbull and Horner. The funny thing about the truth, they have a funny way of coming out into the open.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post

Thoughts?
    I don't think Adrian Newey is as warm to Max as he was to Vettel. If things go south at Redbull, l cannot see Newey and Verstappen heading in the same direction. The dynamics of their interdependency are reversed to the normal situation. Newey made Max a world champion with his car designs. Max needs Newey, Newey does not need Max when the likes of Hamilton is about. Newey in Red seems the likely and next most sensational new waiting to happen. Bigger than Max going to Mercedes.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Any team would love to take Max but I don't think Red Bull is let this happen at almost any cost.
    If Horner is out of the door, anything can happen and would certainly happen as there would be nobody with Horner's clout to keep things in check. There would be pretenders to the job but without the credibility.
    William Shakespeare