Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    It's a shame that Taka go out. I really wanted that battle to go on. But now I'm rooting that Adrien do take that second place or even win. This year I really don't root for anyone specifically, only for show, stories, battles and different event leaders, stage and event winners... We all need that, the sport need that. Even if there is not enough drivers out there, so much part timers, and WRC2 crews (or even Bertelli) taking top 10 places, even podiums, surprise wins. I root for different. And Hyundai taking drivers title this year is a must. For the health of sport. And them to continue. You all know what I'm talking about.

2. Likes: GigiGalliNo1 (17th February 2024),Morte66 (17th February 2024)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    At the moment Fourmaux would be third in overall points table
    The amazing part is he can achieve this by being basically 6th fastest in terms of speed in Monte and 6-7th here.

4. Likes: Morte66 (17th February 2024)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    I’m not surprised people aren’t posting here much anymore ….

FFS
    I'm mostly enjoying the rally, yes yesterday was kind of crazy, but it's nice to see the oddball here and there, the scenery is absolutely stunning and makes me wish we'd have a double header and next weekend we'd see another snow rally like we had back in 2007.
    As for Tänak, at this point I just wish he'd stayed at Toyota after the end of 2019 and endured Tommi Mäkinen and his wife and maybe just maybe, he'd have more than one title by now...
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    The amazing part is he can achieve this by being basically 6th fastest in terms of speed in Monte and 6-7th here.
    I'm surprised that M-Sport drivers don't have that much problems with car. Tanak and Loubet did constantly. And keep wondering that they were not right drivers after all for the team. Tanak do still have problems in Hyundai. Is he too much agressive of a driver, or he break cars too much, don't know.

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    No point in doing rally then, because no matter what you do, you will never have equal conditions, and there will be advantages/disadvantages based on road position.

Or rather, no point in watching I guess
    Whilst that is a logical, factually correct statement in itself... ...have you heard the saying "be careful what you wish for"?

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    I'm surprised that M-Sport drivers don't have that much problems with car. Tanak and Loubet did constantly. And keep wondering that they were not right drivers after all for the team. Tanak do still have problems in Hyundai. Is he too much agressive of a driver, or he break cars too much, don't know.
    Tanak does seem a bit hard on cars. That said Loeb also had constant issues in Puma and he is neat. Both Loubet and Tanak also had.many issue even before starts of first stage or after first run of SD.

Too early to tell after 1,5 rallies if MSport reliability is improved. Maybe they don't push hard for top.performance and focus on reliability.

Liked 107 Times in 28 Posts
    I was afraid the mistake would come from Taka but a real shame it came on only the 2nd stage. It'll be interesting to see what approach Fourmaux and M-Sport take. The smartest thing to do is to not get sucked into trying to battle with Evans considering his superior experience and speed and to just focus on 3rd and the podium but easier said than done.
    Also would agree that it's too early to say if M-Sport's reliabilty has improved and also its not comparing like for like if comparing the pressure Tanak v Munster but's on the car and their expectations of its performance as well.

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Perhaps a strategy of "let the others lose, instead of trying to beat them" makes good sense for a slower car on rallies that punish mistakes by beaching you.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    I’m not surprised people aren’t posting here much anymore ….

FFS
    I've missed it! I gave up in 2021ish 2022 and 2023 as I wasn't involved in the sport. Hit Monte this year, now home for Sweden and back for a few more events but happy to be watching and following here in the forum!!

Twitter is a...... desert.
    Last edited by GigiGalliNo1; 17th February 2024 at 07:51.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts
    Kalle seems to be a lot faster then Ott on this long stage