Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    is this a reliable source?

https://www.dn.se/sport/rallyforare-...tet-far-tavla/

apparently 17 drivers were fined for speeding, 3 got licence revoked, one of which is in the top class but not on the podium...

2. Likes: Morte66 (18th February 2024)
    Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    I chose to support Pajari in WRC2 on the Thursday morning before Monte because I liked the sound of his name. I thought he was Hungarian, that's how much I knew about him.

I seem to have gotten lucky.

He did not look comfortable for a lot of this rally and did not talk like he was comfortable, but still came top of the pack who weren't Solberg-in-a-Skoda. So I think he must be quite quick. Then there's his SS12 onboard.

I don't know what rallies he's doing, or how to find out. Can anybody point me where to look?

He's in a Toyota but entered for "Printsport", which according to their website is a rally car rental company. Does anyone know if he has some sort of relationship with Toyota? Maybe they should get one.

He was obviously a bit lost on tarmac at Monte, so that needs fixing.

Oh, and well done Solberg. And Linnamae.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    is this a reliable source?

https://www.dn.se/sport/rallyforare-...tet-far-tavla/

apparently 17 drivers were fined for speeding, 3 got licence revoked, one of which is in the top class but not on the podium...
    It is a reliable source yes. It is based on a statement from regional police in Västerbotten. https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/va...re-rallyforare
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    the main issue is that too much points are awarded for a way too short distance on sunday.
    no, the main issue is that Sunday is only three stages. If it were to be like stages on Sunday it would be more stages to try catch drivers in front. I think it's pretty meaningless to only have three staged on Sunday.
    Should be at least 6 or skip Sundays entirely and have one more stage in Friday and two more on Saturday.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Hyundai shouldn’t have let Lappi go so slowly today, if even he were to be faster than Katsuta both in the overall time today and in the power stage it would be an extra 2 points, and minus 2 points for Toyota, ‘cause as it stand, they’re level on point despite Hyundai’s 2 wins.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Hey! I have no complaints if Lappi got his 25 points plus points for Sunday. Now he got only 18 points for victory. Here we have the big fault, guys.

You have the old pointscoring system for o/a rally. AND points for Sunday only, plus PS points.

Do that and I will not protest.

As it is now it´s disaster.
    Right now I like new scoring system.

You want all the points....you need to go all out whole rally. Like Neuville in Monte.

Lappi could have done it also but didnt need to, fine by me.

8. Likes: Ds3 (18th February 2024),EstWRC (18th February 2024),Morte66 (18th February 2024),WRCStan (18th February 2024)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Hyundai shouldn’t have let Lappi go so slowly today, if even he were to be faster than Katsuta both in the overall time today and in the power stage it would be an extra 2 points, and minus 2 points for Toyota, ‘cause as it stand, they’re level on point despite Hyundai’s 2 wins.
    Katsuta didn't bring any points to the team, so it didn't matter.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Well, when we get to rough gravel rallies the real fun will start.

Something like Turkey 2020 came to mind. After Saturday Evans was 4th, then in Sunday all the guys ahead got punctures (or retired).

Imagine if it was only punctures and he would also just cruise on Sunday.

With this scoring he would "win" the rally but get points for 4th place on Saturday and maybe a few for 4th-ish on Sunday.
    Kinda awkward podium ceremony.

I believe the situation where "winner" after Saturday drops behind to secure points will be quite common this year.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Katsuta didn't bring any points to the team, so it didn't matter.
    yeah, later I saw it, still weird that a win can earn you less points than second place... and almost the same amount as third.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 582 Times in 177 Posts
    new vs old scoring system in numbers:

13. Likes: Eli (18th February 2024),EstWRC (18th February 2024),manthey (18th February 2024),Morte66 (18th February 2024),seb_sh (18th February 2024)