Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Its so chillin to follow ERC and the NewZealand championship. Lots of cars, almost no drama about everything. Its like...theres drivers, theres cars and theres closed roads waiting to be raced. Theres some broadcast cuz thata interesting to sponsor's money (RoI)...and thats it. The "WHAT WRC NEED TO DO" thing is making me watch less and less, gotta be honest. I stopped paying for the app to watch on redbutv highligts. Last 5 rounds I only watched the redbull rally YouTube highlights that are 4 to 6 min long. Not sure this is happening to y'all too but....eh..... And losing Kalle AND to have this joke of Msport team in 2024 is like....guess Im only Reading results in ewrc next year
    I dont see a bright future anymore tbh

2. Likes: AndyRAC (30th December 2023),fiscorpun (31st December 2023),Jarek Z (3rd January 2024),Rallyper (30th December 2023)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Its so chillin to follow ERC and the NewZealand championship. Lots of cars, almost no drama about everything. Its like...theres drivers, theres cars and theres closed roads waiting to be raced. Theres some broadcast cuz thata interesting to sponsor's money (RoI)...and thats it. The "WHAT WRC NEED TO DO" thing is making me watch less and less, gotta be honest. I stopped paying for the app to watch on redbutv highligts. Last 5 rounds I only watched the redbull rally YouTube highlights that are 4 to 6 min long. Not sure this is happening to y'all too but....eh..... And losing Kalle AND to have this joke of Msport team in 2024 is like....guess Im only Reading results in ewrc next year
    I dont see a bright future anymore tbh
    However paying for RallyTV gives you lot more. Well worth. Test it. In all I agree, though.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Its so chillin to follow ERC and the NewZealand championship....
    These are part of the same conversation btw, albeit with slightly less urgency. One big question is what cars are they driving in 10-15 years time.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    These are part of the same conversation btw, albeit with slightly less urgency. One big question is what cars are they driving in 10-15 years time.
    2 seat crosscars on road-legal tires

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    If we go way back in the history of rallying, lets say 60's or 70's, they rallied cars that you could by, modified versions ofc, but close to the model in the shop.
    That time is defintly passed, the closest we get today is Rally4 and Rally5's.
    The main point for the teams involved was to sell cars to the people watching it in the forrest. And use it in advertising, or pictures and results in the newspapers.
    "Win on sunday, sell on monday" was Fords slogan.
    I don't see any manu's advertising or use any ralling in commercials.

Is it any point to have this manu-involvment any more? Whats the point?

If a manu like Škoda or Hyundai make a "Rally2" streetversion with AWD it would make some sense, but you can't even by something close to a rallycar (exept of Toyota yaris GR ofc) in the shops, maybe it has to go back to a semi-profesional reality, times is over for the dream of F1 and the politics of the FIA and the manu's, rally as a sport has to go back to its roots and soul to survive i'm afraid.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

7. Likes: Jarek Z (3rd January 2024),Katvala (2nd January 2024),Rallyper (2nd January 2024),WRCStan (2nd January 2024)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    If we go way back in the history of rallying, lets say 60's or 70's, they rallied cars that you could by, modified versions ofc, but close to the model in the shop.
    That time is defintly passed, the closest we get today is Rally4 and Rally5's.
    The main point for the teams involved was to sell cars to the people watching it in the forrest. And use it in advertising, or pictures and results in the newspapers.
    "Win on sunday, sell on monday" was Fords slogan.
    I don't see any manu's advertising or use any ralling in commercials.

Is it any point to have this manu-involvment any more? Whats the point? rally as a sport has to go back to its roots and soul to survive i'm afraid.

This I´ve been preaching many years now.

The genuin sport was when modified versions was used. Remember guys buying BMW 2002 Tii on monday, mounting harder suspension and sumpguard, rallying on Saturday. Or in the 70´s buying VW 1303 for the price of just over 1000 Euros (13000 SEK) for national Cup.That was genuine to me.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

9. Likes: AndyRAC (2nd January 2024),Jarek Z (3rd January 2024),TWRC (3rd January 2024)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    In all the major sports in this world, official teams participate, not amateurs.

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    In all the major sports in this world, official teams participate, not amateurs.
    Who talked about amateurs?
    Not a manufacturer-team is not the same as amateurs.

Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

12. Likes: cali (5th January 2024),Rallyper (4th January 2024)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    Did you mean commercial or full time professionals?

I agree there is no World RC without manufacturers, but that doesn't stop anybody else locally/regionally.

How many major sports have participants travel to events around the globe in one season like motorsport, not just for one tournament?
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Is it any point to have this manu-involvment any more? Whats the point?
    The point is that only manufacturers can afford to travel around the globe and compete in a 13-round championship.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!