Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    If you can explain why in the UK a 52 minutes highlights show is on the commercial channel ITV4 a week on Wednesday later, a channel which doesn't show the live stages, while Youtube has 2 minute clips; then I'll change my view.
    This is up to the WRC Promoter adjust the price tag for what it offers to broadcasters. On the other side, Broadcasters weights the budget they can gather from advertisers and take their choices.

Now: if WRC Promoter discounts the highlights, more free to air (FTA) broadcasters would be interested in getting those highlights, since they can return on their investments and offer new contents to their viewers based on their target audience.

RAI (Italian BBC) and private SportItalia respectively ditched WRC and WRX once those rights became too expensive for their budgets. Those two networks had a combined audience of almost 700k viewers and about 4% share. Which for a "minor" sport like WRC would be gold now!

It would be very useful, for next 2025 season, to arrange those contracts in a way they will be able to freely distribute 8-10 minutes videos on official WRC YouTube channel.

Time for the WRC Promoter to take bold decisions eventually.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (16th March 2024)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    https://www.raiplay.it/programmi/rally seems to be up to date.

I'm willing to bet the EBU has a finger in it. Whatever, the point is the promotor doesn't see need to change, there's no lack of ability or desire that they don't change anything. I don't doubt YouTube could grow the eyeballs but it's 19 years old, the disruptive days are long gone. if there was to be a flip point for wrc it would have happened by now.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    RAI (Italian BBC) and private SportItalia respectively ditched WRC and WRX once those rights became too expensive for their budgets.
    Most likely it wasn't just about getting to expensive but also not producing not enough ratings. TV is all about ratings and advertising money that you can get for those ratings.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Most likely it wasn't just about getting to expensive but also not producing not enough ratings. TV is all about ratings and advertising money that you can get for those ratings.
    Both were above their daily average ratings on the same timeslots.
    RAI, for example, during Rally Sardinia got 200k more viewers (in a channel that gets about 400k on average) on all stages broadcasted, Sunday's Powerstage included (competing with Serie A's football match for the Asian markets at 12.30 CET!!).

It's all about price, not ratings for sure. At least in Italy, elsewhere I don't know.

But again, if you got cheaper rights that can cope with those ratings, you're good to go and you get a profit for it. It's not rocket science.

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/n...orms/10587844/

So, the brains trust of the FIA thought it would be a good idea to have a bunch of old men who are disconnected to the sport come up with new regulations without consultation with actual stakeholders?

And they're possibly going to push teams out?

Well, isn't this just perfectly symbolic for this total disaster of an FIA administration.....

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/n...orms/10587844/

So, the brains trust of the FIA thought it would be a good idea to have a bunch of old men who are disconnected to the sport come up with new regulations without consultation with actual stakeholders?

And they're possibly going to push teams out?

Well, isn't this just perfectly symbolic for this total disaster of an FIA administration.....
    The WRC Commission maybe not decides but give inputs, is having some younger former actives, and not only men. Pernilla Solberg is one of them.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

The WRC Commission is not the Working Group.

The WRC Commission is not the Working Group.
    I know that. But they are set to give inputs.

I have a feeling the Solbergs were there pushing for the WRC Kit for Rally2.

Or who else?

I have a feeling the Solbergs were there pushing for the WRC Kit for Rally2.

Or who else?
    Who knows. You mean they do it for own purpose? I don´t think so.