Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Idk where to write this, but I honeslty felt SOME effort in these two "bigger" videos on the wrc YouTube explaining wrc and talking about the season thats about to start. Read more than 5 comments (not much, of course) saying stuff like "Oh, im planning to start watching, this video did a great job explaininng it" or "its been years since I stopped watching, this video caught my attention again, super excited". Do we know if they changed the teams taking care of social media and "storytelling"? Or am I exagerating in this sudden burst of "okay, thats a start"?

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Those comments look false to my cynical self. Gill Bates is on their telling us her Mum will start watching now she's learnt the basics. Er, OK. But if that's what was genuinely missing, then cool.

Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    Idk where to write this, but I honeslty felt SOME effort in these two "bigger" videos on the wrc YouTube explaining wrc and talking about the season thats about to start. Read more than 5 comments (not much, of course) saying stuff like "Oh, im planning to start watching, this video did a great job explaininng it" or "its been years since I stopped watching, this video caught my attention again, super excited". Do we know if they changed the teams taking care of social media and "storytelling"? Or am I exagerating in this sudden burst of "okay, thats a start"?
    I am keeping a close look on their social media activities and I have to say there's definitely some new hands on it with simple-but-fresh ideas. Up until now it's something refreshing and needed to engage with "digital fans", as this would be extremely useful in terms of selling new merchandise and RallyTV subscriptions online. Having a powerful social media presence automatically improves a lot their lead generation (i.e.: "funnel" simple audience into something to sell) and thus the whole business.

I'm not expressing myself about their job yet, because I want to see how they "sell" their stories from Monte Carlo and check if they are able to do something that has a "viral potential" to penetrate YouTube's and Facebook's algorithms.

IMHO I'd push even more aggressively on free content, by upgrading the Shakedown broadcast to a "World Feed" standard (meaning the production level of a WRC stage sold to TV), as well as throwing some service park "studios" coverage to gather some more free stuff around and push the engagement of the viewers.

Let's see how it all develops in the coming weeks and events... fingers crossed!
    Last edited by typhoon; 21st January 2024 at 17:46.

4. Likes: AndyRAC (22nd January 2024)
    Well, this week they really indicated that there is a new team behind social media and promotion. Videos with more than just 2 minutes almost every day on YouTube, promoted clips on instagram and fb. Thats really good.If they manage to put out those 3day highlights compacted into one video on YouTube, that would help the sport A LOT, especially if they focus on "stories". Go back and watch the 23min highlights from last years WRC2 in Sweden, where they kinda followed Oliver and Petter Solberg. That was fenomenal imo. Really simple and it made the show really great. Interesting... Getting hopefull again after almost quitting wrc like I did with F1

6. Likes: Jewy46 (24th January 2024)
    Liked 132 Times in 46 Posts
    A young Irish guy that I would have seen coming up through the ranks here, has taken on the job of social media manager of the WRC content I believe and by the looks of it doing a superb job already.

Great to see as it so important in the modern world for promotion.

Really enjoying the new content myself

8. Likes: dimviii (24th January 2024),fiscorpun (24th January 2024),typhoon (25th January 2024)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewy46 View Post
    A young Irish guy that I would have seen coming up through the ranks here, has taken on the job of social media manager of the WRC content I believe and by the looks of it doing a superb job already.

Great to see as it so important in the modern world for promotion.

Really enjoying the new content myself
    Really? Thats so cool! Is he here??

Liked 132 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    Really? Thats so cool! Is he here??
    Sorry by "here" I mean Ireland

Very intelligent and nice guy though, glad to see him do well

Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    Probably there's still hope for the WRC! Good job to the guy, it was exactly what I was expecting. Seeing also the job done after some action it's just what's needed. Take the best of what happened and decorate it properly. The YT short with some raw sounds was very interesting, things like that has great potential to become viral. I'll check the stats compared to other similar contents to do some "analysis" (at least I practice what I studied lol).

Liked 125 Times in 58 Posts
    Looks like today we will see start of the last season with rally1 cars.
    2025 rally2
    2026 rally2+, the price of + will be limited and kit freely available on the market

As Dirtfish article stated, everything will be officially known or confirmed on next WMSC meeting at the end of Feb.

WHAT? Cant find this article here mate! Wheere? I think its a good decision.