Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Liked 237 Times in 112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    The Rally2's wont look boring if you don't have the Rally1's before them.
    NO, look at your local championship.... after few cars you want to go to another place...

only top drivers makes spectacle - now at least we have wrc, then wrc2... as proposed we could have again 'few factory' R5+ and the rest... you have an illusion that local guy with standard WRC2 could challenge Rovanpera, Neuville, Tanak? ok, good dreams but local guys will look boring after the top drivers, that for sure... now at least they looks good after WRC cars....

2. Likes: WRC1 (11th January 2024)
    Liked 237 Times in 112 Posts
    I'm visiting around 7-8 wrc events every year, so in my opinion from watching real: yes, not enough WRC1 cars, but please dont cancel wrc1...

when action starts, WRC1 cars makes so huge magic impression that leaves your breathless ... 6-7-8-9-10 whatever...
    then WRC2 cars - top 4-10 drivers drives very nice, different cars, different effect, still nice to watch ...
    and the rest - after top wrc and wrc2 - no bother...

so now proposal is to watch same top drivers driving wrc2+.... OK.. and after wrc2+ all other wrc2 will look booooooring.... as cars will look the same... but effect will be so bad... and we wont have 'magic' what nowdays WRC cars makes? no thank you, sorry...

4. Likes: Jewy46 (11th January 2024)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    It doesn't matter how much people like to watch them, Rally1 regulations were introduced to attract new manufacturers and it hasn't happened. They've been an expensive failure.

I'd even go as far to say that they've made the situation worse as it seems to have been harder for M-Sport to keep up with the full works outfits under these regulations.

6. Likes: AndyRAC (11th January 2024),WRC1 (11th January 2024)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drive View Post
    NO, look at your local championship.... after few cars you want to go to another place...

only top drivers makes spectacle - now at least we have wrc, then wrc2... as proposed we could have again 'few factory' R5+ and the rest... you have an illusion that local guy with standard WRC2 could challenge Rovanpera, Neuville, Tanak? ok, good dreams but local guys will look boring after the top drivers, that for sure... now at least they looks good after WRC cars....
    No, i don't go after the first cars. I'm a rallyfan, not a tiktok-prostitute.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

8. Likes: HKSjbg (11th January 2024),Rallyper (11th January 2024)
    I'm visiting around 7-8 wrc events every year, so in my opinion from watching real: yes, not enough WRC1 cars, but please dont cancel wrc1...

when action starts, WRC1 cars makes so huge magic impression that leaves your breathless ... 6-7-8-9-10 whatever...
    then WRC2 cars - top 4-10 drivers drives very nice, different cars, different effect, still nice to watch ...

so now proposal is to watch same top drivers driving wrc2+.... OK.. and after wrc2+ all other wrc2 will look booooooring.... as cars will look the same... but effect will be so bad... and we wont have 'magic' what nowdays WRC cars makes? no thank you, sorry...
    No, you have wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    What kind of Group A suitable cars are the residents of lillehammer buying?
    Yaris GR, but the "new" Gr.A is the R5.

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    It doesn't matter how much people like to watch them, Rally1 regulations were introduced to attract new manufacturers and it hasn't happened. They've been an expensive failure.

I'd even go as far to say that they've made the situation worse as it seems to have been harder for M-Sport to keep up with the full works outfits under these regulations.
    Whilst for sure all regulations have the hope to create interest from new manufacturers, I'm also certain these Rally1 Regulations were created to KEEP the current 3 involved.

I'm sure I've heard Malcolm / Millener say on a number of occasions, that without these regulations Ford would already be gone.

Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts

I have to agree with this, I can watch Rally 2 cars on national events but for the WRC I go almost only for the Rally 1 cars (same for the previous WRC cars) those cars are the wow factor for me

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Do you have anything in mind other than car regs, affordability and accessibility?

I have no idea on your main point, expanded FIA Rally Star program seems probable though.
    I see another issue with the "ladder" - in WRC2 the main rivals are rarely racing against each other. I'm sure there was some compromise that lead to this current format but I would question what is more important than having a true head to head competition in WRC2? It seems WRC2 is trying to be many things for many people.

The Rally Start program helps to widen the selection at lower levels and take some drivers until WRC2, but it stops before the last step up in the hope manufacturers will pick the drivers up. But then the last step is hard because there are few cars, in the past there were "junior" teams, extra cars, privateers funding partial programs, etc. Allowing non hybrid Rally1 cars was a good step for opening it up but it's probably not enough.

As for the regulations themselves maybe instead of "Rally2+" it's better to think of some kind of "Rally1-" something with similar excitement but more affordable.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post

This is true, Ford are only staying to promote their hybrid range.

But funnily Hyundai & Toyota aren't and dont even have 'Hybrid' on their livery as a. it's not their hybrid system and b. they're going full EV with their road cars.

Rally1 Hybrid has been a huge flop.