Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    I think that they completely defunct VW Motorsport department. I guess Kristoffersson's ''VW'' is not run by factory, but localy. Shame, because they were so successful in anything they enter. Still don't know why they even produced 2017 WRC car and later that R5. Think that it was not that popular at all.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Pepe Lopez? Was impressed whit him in Monte!

Is he doing some WRC2 program this year? think Croatia could be good for him also!
    After his performance on Monte last year, this year result was not so big surprise. He was planning to do WRC2 also last year, but after issues with his driving licence, he was forced to "postpone" plans. This year he is planning to do full WRC2 (7 races) and spanish championship. In WRC2, as he is more tarmac than gravel driver, his next planned start is in Croatia.

3. Likes: Corcaíoch (20th February 2024),Eli (21st February 2024),Lead (20th February 2024),Morte66 (20th February 2024),TWRC (21st February 2024)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    I think that they completely defunct VW Motorsport department. I guess Kristoffersson's ''VW'' is not run by factory, but localy. Shame, because they were so successful in anything they enter. Still don't know why they even produced 2017 WRC car and later that R5. Think that it was not that popular at all.
    All of this is result of "green politics"...

5. Likes: WRC1 (20th February 2024)
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That's quite normal. Prodrive homologated modifications of Mini WRC/RRC based on Pech's own late development. Škoda homologated modifications done by Kopecký for his Fabia WRC in 2006-2007 (even though Škoda motorsport didn't officially even exist by that time). There are for sure more similar cases like that.
    The Astra TCR comes to mind.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Some drivers have already swapped to other cars (like the improved Fiesta Rally2) saying it was because the Polo wasnt being developed any further !
    You have a private development and a factory development. Without going into details what exactly Wevers sport developed it makes little sense to argue about but I doubt that what they could do could be on a factory level of development at least in terms of quantity of the upgrades.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/hyund...-rally2-plans/

So Teemu again pick the shortest stick. And I really didn't believe those Rally1/Rally2 switch rumours. Now I do. Hyundai do want to have a clear direction on which car should they focus.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Chris Ingram;

I am absolutely buzzing to announce my entry into the 2024 BRC.

The BRC will provide more return on investment than competing in WRC2 as a privateer. The entire six-round British Rally Championship, which includes an ERC round, national television coverage, top class competition, is valued at the same figure as a single round of WRC2 !

My intention is to return to WRC2 stronger, for a few rounds later in the year, once we have established solid foundations for the future. There are rumours Rally2 could become the top class in the WRC which would cut costs.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 26th February 2024 at 21:38.

Liked 560 Times in 243 Posts
    Chris Ingram;

I am absolutely buzzing to announce my entry into the 2024 BRC.

The BRC will provide more return on investment than competing in WRC2 as a privateer. The entire six-round British Rally Championship, which includes an ERC round, national television coverage, top class competition, is valued at the same figure as a single round of WRC2 !

My intention is to return to WRC2 stronger, for a few rounds later in the year, once we have established solid foundations for the future. There are rumours Rally2 could become the top class in the WRC which would cut costs.
    I admire him for trying, but this is getting silly really. For about 4 seasons now, he abandons his season 1 or 2 rallies into it in order to prepare for the next, only to do it again next year. To me it seems like he's not prepared to take a step back to take 2 forward, but rather keeps stepping to the side/standing still. Hope this season works out for him, but I fear he has to deliver something this season.

11. Likes: archie106 (27th February 2024),b3637853 (27th February 2024),Corcaíoch (27th February 2024),EstWRC (27th February 2024),jcevc (27th February 2024),lancia037 (29th February 2024),Lead (27th February 2024),manthey (27th February 2024),Mirek (27th February 2024),seb_sh (29th February 2024),steve.mandzij (27th February 2024),WRC1 (27th February 2024)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWRC View Post
    I admire him for trying, but this is getting silly really. For about 4 seasons now, he abandons his season 1 or 2 rallies into it in order to prepare for the next, only to do it again next year..
    I agree it does look like that but we dont know what happens behind the scenes.
    Sponsors and budget have often let him down.

And he's had a lot of bad luck with car reliability and when money is tight it's not worth continuing when nothing significant can be achieved.

Fingers crossed that he can get a good start in the BRC and see it through this year.

Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    I agree it does look like that but we dont know what happens behind the scenes.
    Sponsors and budget have often let him down.

And he's had a lot of bad luck with car reliability and when money is tight it's not worth continuing when nothing significant can be achieved.

Fingers crossed that he can get a good start in the BRC and see it through this year.
    Considering how much he cries about other drivers' "seat time" you'd think that not achieving anything significant shouldn't be a reason to give up time behind the wheel...

14. Likes: EstWRC (29th February 2024)