Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1
    Senior Member Gordini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    237
    Like
    14
    Liked 20 Times in 9 Posts

    Subaru Comeback?

    Is there anything in online info on comeback for Subaru in Rally?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    407
    Like
    0
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    If they come back it would be thanks to some help from Toyota i thought? They could provide a base engine for wrc or something

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    375
    Like
    84
    Liked 191 Times in 112 Posts
    I mean... I wouldnt mind having a Subaru shaped/stickered car racing with a Toyota engine.
    Tbh I'd love to see stuff like in MotoGP, where, idk, PetterSolber or ProDrive could just run this year's cars next season, like they do with the old Ducattis. And even the F1 people dont seem to care that ASTON MARTIN and ALFA ROMEO are not actuaaaaally ASTON MARTIN and ALFA ROMEO, u'know? Just a couple of '''french''' built cars using mercedes or ferrari engines or whatever ....

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    648
    Like
    599
    Liked 385 Times in 200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    I mean... I wouldnt mind having a Subaru shaped/stickered car racing with a Toyota engine.
    Tbh I'd love to see stuff like in MotoGP, where, idk, PetterSolber or ProDrive could just run this year's cars next season, like they do with the old Ducattis. And even the F1 people dont seem to care that ASTON MARTIN and ALFA ROMEO are not actuaaaaally ASTON MARTIN and ALFA ROMEO, u'know? Just a couple of '''french''' built cars using mercedes or ferrari engines or whatever ....
    Aston Martin is Aston Martin, with Alfa you are right. It's just a sponsor for Sauber.

  5. Likes: Kenneth (3rd November 2023)
  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    298
    Like
    39
    Liked 220 Times in 117 Posts
    Also Aston is British and Sauber is Swiss.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    GB, Manchester
    Posts
    2,174
    Like
    491
    Liked 2,079 Times in 897 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    Aston Martin is Aston Martin, with Alfa you are right. It's just a sponsor for Sauber.
    Aston Martin is Merc's engines and brand name/sponsor for the team. Wtf.
    AM is also just a sponsor/badge for the team.
    What about Tag Heuer Red Bull.. actually were Renault engines, just branded differently

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    GB, Manchester
    Posts
    2,174
    Like
    491
    Liked 2,079 Times in 897 Posts
    Give some F1/WRC or whatever motorsports' team x-xxx millions of money and you name the team peppa pig, mickey mouse or cock-a-doodle-doo..
    It doesn't change the heart of the car to that..

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    648
    Like
    599
    Liked 385 Times in 200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Aston Martin is Merc's engines and brand name/sponsor for the team. Wtf.
    AM is also just a sponsor/badge for the team.
    What about Tag Heuer Red Bull.. actually were Renault engines, just branded differently
    Engine isn't the car. Aston Martin F1 is owned by the same people as AM roadcar business. It's like Ferrari. Mercedes on the other hand is only owned one third by Mercedes, but one wouldn't call it Wolff Ineos Mercedes Illmor racing right?

  10. Likes: HKSjbg (4th November 2023),Kenneth (4th November 2023)
  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    648
    Like
    599
    Liked 385 Times in 200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Give some F1/WRC or whatever motorsports' team x-xxx millions of money and you name the team peppa pig, mickey mouse or cock-a-doodle-doo..
    It doesn't change the heart of the car to that..
    Of course, thats what happens with the name desecration at Sauber.
    Last edited by becher; 3rd November 2023 at 20:59.

  12. Likes: AndyRAC (4th November 2023),Kenneth (4th November 2023)
  13. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,543
    Like
    548
    Liked 795 Times in 411 Posts
    I'd bet my money that they dont.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •