Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Liked 234 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/wrc-p...-just-missold/

The new system isn’t stupid, it’s just not explained correctly….
    I'm not aversed to a change in point system. I'd just wish the points were given for overall on Sunday instead. Super Sunday is an alright addition. But in this case, Sundays should be longer than they are today

Sent from my M2012K11G using Tapatalk

2. Likes: cali (1st February 2024),meh (30th January 2024)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    For me, the best solution with points should be:

- points for general win after Sunday (like in the past, 30-24-21 etc)
    - bonus points for Sunday (no problem if 10-8-6 etc)
    - no points for powerstage

4. Likes: Andre Oliveira (30th January 2024),cali (1st February 2024),ik1911 (30th January 2024),Lead (30th January 2024),meh (30th January 2024),Mirek (30th January 2024),seb_sh (30th January 2024)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Any point system that i can't explain to a novice is a stupid point system.

And this is an especially stupid system, awarding way too many points for just 3 stages and 50km.

6. Likes: Eli (30th January 2024),PLuto (30th January 2024)
    Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Any point system that i can't explain to a novice is a stupid point system.

And this is an especially stupid system, awarding way too many points for just 3 stages and 50km.
    Exactly, i tried to explain the new points system to my girlfriend who occasionly watches rally with me, and i seriously couldnt explain it in few sentences, and that is the main problem with the new system. Otherwise i like it and if you are inside the WRC all the time it is fairly simple, but it doesnt help with the new fans.

But based on monte it did bring me to wake up at 8am on a sunday to watch rally, last year i rarely forced myself to wake up for the first stage since everybody was cruising. atleast on power stage rehearsal you could see somewhat faster driving. But now the whole sunday was interesting.

Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    For me, the best solution with points should be:

- points for general win after Sunday (like in the past, 30-24-21 etc)
    - bonus points for Sunday (no problem if 10-8-6 etc)
    - no points for powerstage
    Lol, cancel power stage?

9. Likes: HKSjbg (30th January 2024)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    I would ask if we are focusing too much on the Sunday cruising and messing up other things to fix that one particular issue. For example this weekend there was no mention of the Sunday standings and points except for drivers saying that they are "going for Sunday points" instead of "saving tyres for the powerstage". If it's just a perception issue maybe it would have been easier to simply not take the interviews :P Anyway my feeling is there is a big controvery about this also inside the FIA, competitors and promoter and it seems to have been done out of panic.

Since we had the proper battle for the rally win the Sunday points got mostly ignored, maybe they will focus on them more if there are 30s gaps overall between most drives to have some discussion point. For that situation i guess they're fine, but the way it is now the "real" fight for the win had no rewards attached. It will be an interesting discussion if the Saturday leader has a puncture Sunday morning, changes the wheel and then wins the Powerstage - that'll be 23 points for someone finishing 2 minutes down overall... I guess for some if it doesn't happen it's ok but for me that this possibility exists and is not some strange 1 in a million chance is a black mark.

If they gave the 18 points for the winner at the end of Sunday instead of Saturday this system would be acceptable for me but as it is it just pisses me off. Sorry for repeating myself, I might need to take a step back and follow the rallies "from a distance".

11. Likes: meh (30th January 2024)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    Exactly, i tried to explain the new points system to my girlfriend who occasionly watches rally with me, and i seriously couldnt explain it in few sentences, and that is the main problem with the new system. Otherwise i like it and if you are inside the WRC all the time it is fairly simple, but it doesnt help with the new fans.

But based on monte it did bring me to wake up at 8am on a sunday to watch rally, last year i rarely forced myself to wake up for the first stage since everybody was cruising. atleast on power stage rehearsal you could see somewhat faster driving. But now the whole sunday was interesting.
    try this "it's the same with some bonus assigned after the race"

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    try this "it's the same with some bonus assigned after the race"
    but that's not at all what it is, is it?

so the solution to explaining this points system is either to ignore it or lie?

14. Likes: Corcaíoch (30th January 2024)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    but that's not at all what it is, is it?
    sorry, why not?

winner of the rally is still the best time overall. then there's the point allocation, based on the final results on sunday ( no point from saturday if dnf on sunday). some bonus apply. it's just a different point allocation, i don't see that much of a revolution...

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Agree. The winner need have (more) points.