Page 58 of 84 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I'm going off topic now and really should be in the pub thread, maybe.

But... wouldn't this kind of a low point of WRC present another opportunity for someone to prop up an alternative championship?
    I did wonder when this news came out whether something similar to IRC may crop up in the near future as a result of disgruntled competitors, teams, sponsors, event organisers etc. Then I thought I'd better not make that comment on this forum for fear of backlash and ridicule from my fellow forumers It's at least nice to pretend what an imaginary new-IRC calendar might look like!

2. Likes: AndyRAC (29th December 2023)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    There is no proper chance to make alternative championship. For FIA (and also for WRC Promoter) it is business and they dont want another player on the field. And you cannot make the rally championship without FIA...

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Let us know when you find them. They've really gone out of their way to serve that segment of the audience, it'd be nice if we could actually identify who was captivated by these changes who was going elsewhere otherwise.
    Have a look around this forum. Surely you've seen the topic of Sunday driving pop up before, or the rally threads die a death by Sunday.

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    I don't see any permit or authorisation problems with "split" events, all you have to is to explain how the division of the event and points work in the regulations. As an example the WRC Rally of Narnia could have three stages totalling 50km on Friday for a,b,c ... points, six stages adding up to 150 km on Saturday for d,e,f ... points and four stages on Sunday with 80 km for h,i,j ... points. Any combination is possible, but I don't believe it's the right solution.

The issue is (and has always been) when a crew believes they have an unbeatable lead, they cruise to the finish. It's the same for the crew in second. If they can't catch the crew in front they'll only go fast enough to keep ahead of the crew behind. It's the same in GP racing and they've come up with the slightly artificial "fastest lap point" in the same way that WRC has it's power stage points to try and spice things up at the end.

The problem for the enthusiast is the TV & Promotion people trying to turn F1 & WRC from MotorSport to MotorEntertainment. While they are in charge they will always try to add more gimmicks to spice up the show. The FIA needs to stand up to this nonsense. You don't get football matches with bonus points for goals in the last 5 minutes - if a league game is deadlocked it's allowed to finish as a draw. There's a discussion over how dull or entertaining it was and everyone moves on to the next match.

Why can't we do this in Rallying? If you really need to keep the battle going longer and the events shorter then why not have half the stage km on Saturday and half on Sunday, treat the rally as a double round of all of the WRC championships (overall, WRC3, WRC3, WRCJ) and give the half points for Saturday and half points for Sunday?

6. Likes: AndyRAC (29th December 2023),focus206 (29th December 2023)
    Liked 140 Times in 83 Posts
    Jeeeez!!! make a separate topic for bitchin an moaning about the new point scoring system, and leave this for actual NEWS

8. Likes: cali (1st January 2024),drive (31st December 2023),EstWRC (29th December 2023)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ictus View Post
    Jeeeez!!! make a separate topic for bitchin an moaning about the new point scoring system, and leave this for actual NEWS
    +1000
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

10. Likes: cali (1st January 2024),drive (31st December 2023)
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Jeeez! There's no news. Let them discuss the last big news there was till there's something else noteworthy.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

12. Likes: becher (31st December 2023),Corcaíoch (29th December 2023)
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    No one’s forcing you to read every comment on this forum. It is at least on-topic and is just your fellow rally fans discussing their thoughts and musings on the last bit of news.

14. Likes: AndyRAC (29th December 2023)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post

The problem for the enthusiast is the TV & Promotion people trying to turn F1 & WRC from MotorSport to MotorEntertainment. While they are in charge they will always try to add more gimmicks to spice up the show. The FIA needs to stand up to this nonsense. You don't get football matches with bonus points for goals in the last 5 minutes - if a league game is deadlocked it's allowed to finish as a draw. There's a discussion over how dull or entertaining it was and everyone moves on to the next match.
    WRC has been determined to copy what F1 does since the late 90s/ early 00s - and look where that landed the sport. Too many people in the sport, and even on here can't grasp what the sport is meant to be about - speed & endurance.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    I did wonder when this news came out whether something similar to IRC may crop up in the near future as a result of disgruntled competitors, teams, sponsors, event organisers etc. Then I thought I'd better not make that comment on this forum for fear of backlash and ridicule from my fellow forumers It's at least nice to pretend what an imaginary new-IRC calendar might look like!
    It should be possible, but it's rallying, and we all know how poorly it's run......the sport isn't big enough to support another global series. And that's poor in my opinion.

Sportscars has the WEC, but teams/ drivers will do other races/ series in different cars - whether it's IMSA, NLS (VLN), Fanatec GT, et al, etc

I would love to see a proper European Tarmac series for Rally 2 cars, R-GT, GT3 cars

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???