Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Liked 116 Times in 55 Posts
    Kalles par time program for 2024 rumor is based on the fact, that Kalle has not taken Finnish military course (army) which is mandatory in Finland for men before 30 years old. Also Finnish NBA star Lauri Markkanen did it last year. The shortest program for elite sports man is 165 days. I guess, Toyota, Kalle and other people are thinking now, what to do. I write this bases on an article, which was published in latvian media today - https://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/wrc/...da-wrc-sezonu/

Liked 92 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Negaiss View Post
    Kalles par time program for 2024 rumor is based on the fact, that Kalle has not taken Finnish military course (army) which is mandatory in Finland for men before 30 years old. Also Finnish NBA star Lauri Markkanen did it last year. The shortest program for elite sports man is 165 days. I guess, Toyota, Kalle and other people are thinking now, what to do. I write this bases on an article, which was published in latvian media today - https://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/wrc/...da-wrc-sezonu/

Lol. Basically if you are any kind of pro athlete, they will customise the service for you. Either take it in few stints, or then "postpone it" till you are "too old".

Army service will not be a problem for him. Possible that he wants to take a shorter program because there is too much going on, but it will not cause him to have to miss anything.

Liked 92 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    I'd start watching that RedBull Drifting European Master CHampionship Whatever the name is if Kalle switch to that. Like, In a heartbeat. Im all for that tbh. I would love seeing that. A CHAMP just moving away because he WANTS to try a new thing and be a champion there too.

F1 kinda sucks... he would never switch to that. Theres no sideways - Wheres the fun? haha
    "Oh but you gotta set your suspensions like precislyyyy then you can be 0.0000000000000001milseconds faster so you can finish the race behind Max Verstappen" haha wtf
    Not that anyone would care, but I wouldn't. Drifting is not for me (atleast watching from tv), but really gotta respect him if he wants to try different things.

Interested to see how the future will turn out. I would guess Kalle would atleast keep rallying part time. Winning rallys Monte Carlo and Finland would be nice motivators I guess. But hard to know, I am just a fan guessing like the rest.

4. Likes: lmmjvss (3rd November 2023),Tauri_J (4th November 2023)
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Negaiss View Post
    Well , I agree with your idea, If Kalle really does part time in 2024, Who do you prefer can replace him to do the full time in next year. Ogier ? or other guy apart from Evens and Katsuta .

Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1988senna View Post
    Well , I agree with your idea, If Kalle really does part time in 2024, Who do you prefer can replace him to do the full time in next year. Ogier ? or other guy apart from Evens and Katsuta .
    Maybe Ogier can still drive one more full season if it´s 100% that Kalle is not there.

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Rumours are that Rovanperä will do the season in rally2 car..

Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    Huh that's really weird

9. Likes: cali (2nd November 2023)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Maybe Ogier can still drive one more full season if it´s 100% that Kalle is not there.
    I was always surprised that he stopped short of matching Loeb's 9 WDC titles, maybe one more year in him if he doesn't rate Hyundai's chances and Kalle isn't there to challenge his position leading the team...?
    Last edited by the sniper; 2nd November 2023 at 14:58.

Liked 234 Times in 102 Posts
    Where are these rumours coming from?

Sent from my M2012K11G using Tapatalk

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Katvala View Post
    Where are these rumours coming from?

Sent from my M2012K11G using Tapatalk
    They come from boredom-and-need-some-clicks.com.
    15+ years of time, hard work, dedication.. and after 4 years & 2 WDC's in WRC the motivation is gone and he wants to do half ass season..?
    Being best in best car/team with one of the best salary and quitting doesn't make sense.
    + Toyota wouldn't do such thing that they have 2 top-tier drivers doing half season, while going for tge Manus title.
    Then they would have targeted Tanak.
    Lappi back to Toyota is another fiction. What would they get from that?

13. Likes: seb_sh (2nd November 2023),steve.mandzij (2nd November 2023),the sniper (2nd November 2023)