Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav View Post
    The Sportity password is wsscc24 , there's various downloads on there including the road book.

Tried sending you a PM but they don't seem to be working again.
    Much appreciated, thanks! I'd tried guessing that... And yes, just noticed the PM aren't working again, so thanks to whoever else attempted to get in contact too.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Not halfway yet but Croinin has taken charge of West Cork, also benefiting from a puncture for Devine. Currently a Fiesta 1-2-3 too with Edwards & Creighton... Malcolm will be happy !

West Cork Rally After SS12/18
    1 Cronin 1:24:04.3s
    2 Edwards +1:18.8s
    3 Creighton +1:50.6
    4 Moffett +2:29.7
    5 Greer +3:02.5

Two fastest times by Will Creighton on the Ring stage shows the kid definitely has a big future and shows why M-Sport are giving him further backing on this season's ITRC & BRC.

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Much appreciated, thanks! I'd tried guessing that... And yes, just noticed the PM aren't working again, so thanks to whoever else attempted to get in contact too.
    Where did you go in the end? I couldn’t be arsed figuring out the ideal spot so we just went down the hill from the main spectator zone at Dyfnant East. Plenty of people there despite it being wet and bloody cold!

Couldn't get there early so just watched half the cars from the speccy area first run, to be near the car, didn't bother filming... Having seen the maps (thanks again Satnav!), went to West for the second run, as East was so short there weren't any appealing options and I knew there were in the former. Turned into a nice day out in proper rallying weather!

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Couldn't get there early so just watched half the cars from the speccy area first run, to be near the car, didn't bother filming... Having seen the maps (thanks again Satnav!), went to West for the second run, as East was so short there weren't any appealing options and I knew there were in the former. Turned into a nice day out in proper rallying weather!
    Tip for future events: Look on the event web site for a copy of the event regulations (often under "Competitors" section). You will usually find the Sportity code in there. EWRC often have a link to the official noticeboard (look for the "Sportity" tab) on events they list, so that can be another source.

7. Likes: AndyRAC (17th March 2024),HKSjbg (17th March 2024),the sniper (17th March 2024)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    Tip for future events: Look on the event web site for a copy of the event regulations (often under "Competitors" section). You will usually find the Sportity code in there. EWRC often have a link to the official noticeboard (look for the "Sportity" tab) on events they list, so that can be another source.
    I somehow missed this time that the code was indeed in the Regs, not sure how! Probably Ctrl+f'd 'Spotify' instead... Thanks though.

West Cork Rally Top 5 and it was a 1-2-3 for the M-Sport Fiesta Rally2 !

1 Cronin 2:11:36.2s
    2 Edwards +57.2s
    3 Creighton +1:26.4
    4 Moffett +2:10.4
    5 Greer 2:52.5

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post

Some of the images this morning I shot at the press team launch of MEM and Meirion Evans
    Press Release

Castrol teams up with Melvyn Evans Motorsport to launch new Castrol MEM Rally Team for 2024 British Rally Championship

Rolls of Monmouth, 18 March 2024 – Castrol, a global leader in lubricants, announced today its partnership with Melvyn Evans Motorsport (MEM) UK, to form the new Castrol MEM Rally Team, that’s set to compete in the 2024 Probite British Rally Championship (BRC). The team will showcase their talent with a pair of Toyota GR Yaris Rally2 cars adorned in the iconic Castrol rally livery.

Meirion Evans, along with co-driver Jonathan Jackson, will pilot the first car in the UK’s premier rally series – beginning with the North West Stages this weekend (22/23 March). After strong performances in Ireland on asphalt in recent years, Meirion tried his hand at the Wyedean Stages Rally in the Forest of Dean last year and showed equally good speed on gravel. This has resulted in the Welshman stepping up to concentrate on the BRC in 2024.

The second car is slated for delivery ahead of the third round and will be driven by the 2019 FIA European rally champion Chris Ingram and co-driven by the American ace Alex Kihurani. The cars have been built by Toyota Gazoo Racing in Finland and will be maintained and run in the UK by Melvyn Evans Motorsport – a two-time BRC Teams champion.

The new Castrol MEM Rally Team paid tribute to Castrol’s rich rallying history with Toyota, displaying the ex-Carlos Sainz Castrol Toyota GT-Four ST185 owned by Nicky Grist at their launch event held at the Rolls of Monmouth country estate.

Nicola Buck, chief marketing officer, Castrol, said: “This partnership marks a thrilling chapter in our racing legacy, as we join forces with Melvyn Evans Motorsport UK to unleash the potential of the Toyota GR Yaris Rally2 cars. Racing with Castrol lubricants in an extreme rally environment demonstrates the confidence we and our customers have in delivering high performance.”

Meirion Evans said: “This opportunity is the most exciting one I've had in my career to date. For us as a team to be trusted by Toyota Gazoo Racing to bring the first Toyota GR Yaris Rally2 into the UK means a lot to us and to re-establish the iconic Castrol Toyota link and livery is phenomenal, not only for us but for rallying in this country. To have Chris [Ingram] as part of the team is fantastic. We have been friends since we were both very young, so to get the opportunity to finally work together and represent a brand like Castrol is something we are both excited for. It will be a bit of a change for me having driven a Polo for the last few years, but we will try to adapt as quickly as possible to the Yaris so that we can chase results from the outset in what is undoubtedly the strongest field the BRC has seen in over ten years.

Chris Ingram said: “It’s a dream come true to have the opportunity to drive in Castrol colours in the prestigious British Rally Championship in the latest Toyota GR Yaris Rally2, prepared by the esteemed British team Melvyn Evans Motorsport. The British Rally Championship’s announcement that it will be covered by ITV will provide a huge boost to UK motorsport and our partners. To represent such an iconic brand is a huge opportunity and I am going to give it my best shot. Including my team-mate Meirion Evans, we are going to face serious competition from some of the UK and Ireland’s best drivers. No driver in history has ever won both the British Rally Championship and the European Rally Championship, so that is my ultimate ambition for the season ahead.”

11. Likes: archie106 (18th March 2024),Fast Eddie WRC (18th March 2024),HKSjbg (18th March 2024),lancia037 (18th March 2024),the sniper (19th March 2024)
    Wowza ! Fantastic news for the drivers and the BRC !
    #M-SPORTER