Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    But it was only brought in for the very purpose of attracting new manufacturers.
    That's not true. The main reason was hybrids.

Anyway you shall look at it from the other side and ask why they didn't manage to bring new manufacturers despite that move, i.e. search for the true reason... and that is that WRC simply don't have the marketing value worth joining.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: AndyRAC (18th November 2023),WRCStan (17th November 2023)
    Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    Looking at the tracking map, Lappi is almost at the finish of the stage, he was the last one to start, Rovanpera is still at the start....... Just restarted
    Last edited by satnav; 17th November 2023 at 22:18.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    So the zero car was on stage without any reason?
    Why was it parked on the racing line?

Remember last year with the civilian car? This is probably just as shambolic, and other events would certainly be kicked out the calendar for two calamity rallies in a row.

5. Likes: EstWRC (17th November 2023),satnav (17th November 2023),WRC1 (18th November 2023)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Very weird decision to let Kalle in racing mode. If such fuck up was up to me I would cancel it for all WRC and let only WRC2 in race mode. Now they need to give notional times to 2/3 WRC cars.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: EstWRC (17th November 2023),WRC1 (18th November 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Very weird decision to let Kalle in racing mode. If such fuck up was up to me I would cancel it for all WRC and let only WRC2 in race mode. Now they need to give notional times to 2/3 WRC cars.
    With Rally2s in the mix, it's easier to set with finishers.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What about next stage? Will be delayed or gaps will be longer?

Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    I'd reckon it will be delayed to close the gap between EP and Kalle

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Why was it parked on the racing line?

Remember last year with the civilian car? This is probably just as shambolic, and other events would certainly be kicked out the calendar for two calamity rallies in a row.
    I didn't see it, is there footage of the incident?

Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    I didn't see it, is there footage of the incident?
    Last year? Not the car, but plenty of reports and caused a red flag that we did see Pajari and Lindholm stopped in the stage chatting about it.

This year? It was a parked car, not very interesting. Try RallyTV.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    This silly exF1Renault goon annoys me.
    Plant the seed that the expectations are win or nothing before the event, then act shocked when the only driver in your team capable of winning, bins it while fighting for the lead in the most difficult conditions imaginable. How is Thierry's mistake here anything like the Greece retirement anyway? Totally different. We know Thierry can crack under pressure granted, but there was none here and dont blame a driver for mechanical failures like in Greece. Common knowledge the Hyundai is flimsy.

Abitebouls views change daily whatever side of bed he wakes up on. One day the drivers will get it, next it'll be the mechanics, then engineers or meteo crew. He is an erratic man, who's personality causes instability throughout a team. Its common knowledge he managed Renault shockingly in F1, its public. But i know 3 folk who worked under him in various roles during that time, so have more info than most on how he manages people/emotions when things aren't perfect. And I can tell you it isnt good, to say the least. All 3 friends of mine can't be wrong, and two of them still work for alpine so clearly have a bit about them and found working conditions better since....

Will be a laugh next season when the pressure is on bigtime to win both titles, while Cyril manages two tier1 drivers while fighting Toyota in a sport he doesn't really know. With one arrogant driver (Neuville) who thinks the team is his but cracks under championship pressure..., and the other a sulky Estonian who wasn't even happy in his championship winning year driving the best car he will ever have..., nevermind when swallowing his pride and returning to a team/car that didnt suit his picky needs just over a year ago........

14. Likes: EstWRC (18th November 2023),satnav (18th November 2023)