Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    I would also think Yuki might be a little nervous also.

If I was Jr. Red Bulls - I would go with Ricciardo and Lawson for next year.
    Lawson is looking promising. I am not sure if he is a better option than Yuki yet. With the sort of times Lawson is putting out, which is looking better or just as good as Ricciardo has managed? Running with two young drivers at Alpha Tauri may just be the future of Redbull. I think time is running out for Riccciardo.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: N. Jones (17th September 2023)
    Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    Well, that was an interesting race. Looks like Russell and Hamilton had enough hard running on the mediums that the tire change play didn't work out for higher than 3rd. Maybe they should have stayed out? Hard to believe how well Lawson is doing.

Now on to the next one.

The first proper race of the season. Street circuits bite if you do not have your wits about you as Russell discovers. What a race though.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Lawson is looking promising. I am not sure if he is a better option than Yuki yet. With the sort of times Lawson is putting out, which is looking better or just as good as Ricciardo has managed? Running with two young drivers at Alpha Tauri may just be the future of Redbull. I think time is running out for Riccciardo.
    Lawson's position at the finish for the three races he has been in:

13th, 11th, 9th
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Lawson's position at the finish for the three races he has been in:

13th, 11th, 9th
    A very clear line of improvement. I think he has put forward a good case for keeping him. The question is do they like Ricciardo enough to get rid of Yuki?
    William Shakespeare

7. Likes: N. Jones (17th September 2023)
    Three Mclaren drivers on the podium at this race.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    The first proper race of the season. Street circuits bite if you do not have your wits about you as Russell discovers. What a race though.
    It was one of the funner races to watch this year. This was what I think the FIA envisioned with the rules changes.

The Russell crash was too bad. He fought the good fight and end one mistake cost him everything.

10. Likes: airshifter (18th September 2023),Bagwan (18th September 2023)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    The race was set up to be a tire preservation borefest.... right up until the VSC when Merc decided to pit them both and turn it into a race at the front!

With fresh tires, it looked like there might actually be a chance for a Merc double podium, even a win possibly. And I'm not sure how much Carlos called strategy vs the team, but either way it worked out in the end. Allowing Lando into DRS to keep a tail gunner probably saved him the win this race. Had Carlos tried to bolt, I think they were both going to get passed, and possibly result in a Merc 1/2. George was good at making up time, but once there couldn't get it done and ended up tossing it fighting for 2nd. I'm sure Lewis had him watching mirrors but he didn't seem to even go full defensive, even though Lewis seemed quicker. Props to George for keeping in the fight rather than settle for 3rd, but it didn't work out today.

Ferrari got it right for a change, even if it did bring Leclerc into the fray and moving backwards after the stops. He played tail gunner and let Sainz dictate the pace to keep the tires going long, and in the end it barely worked out. The RB plan didn't work out at all, and Max and Checo were both struggling after staying out. Once they got tires, things picked up at the front, but had they started on mediums and forced pace it might have forced the hand towards the front of the field earlier.

Some decent races overall that stayed quiet filling a lot of the top 10, as well as Ocon who was having a good race until the car expired.

I was glad to see Merc roll the dice, but was somewhat surprised they didn't split the strategy and leave one car out. But the gaps were there, and a low time cost stop from the VSC at least added the spice to the race.

12. Likes: Bagwan (18th September 2023)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Interesting tidbit I saw posted on another forum.

Up until Singapore Lewis, Max, and Fernando were the only three drivers to score points in every race this season. With Fernando having a bad race at Singapore, now only Lewis and Max have managed it.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Interesting tidbit I saw posted on another forum.

Up until Singapore Lewis, Max, and Fernando were the only three drivers to score points in every race this season. With Fernando having a bad race at Singapore, now only Lewis and Max have managed it.
    With the car being declared "undriveable" by Fred , it makes Lance look a little less feeble , and makes one wonder if that speed they had earlier was due to a too flexible design .