Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,372 Times in 4,985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    With the way Hyundai seem reinvested in the WRC, and the continued expansion of their technical staff etc, it wouldn't surprise me if Cyrll pushes the boat out to have a lineup consisting of Neuville, Tanak and Ogier.

Whether that is Ogier sharing a 4th car for another part season, or he can be tempted back for a full season, who knows. Maybe they wont have money for all 3, but you can be sure Abiteboul will be asking the question to the big bosses in Korea......
    I'd be amazed if Ogier went to Hyundai when Toyota has the best car and a settled team environment.

Tanak going back there has a better chance and he will be the key to any other team moves, rather than Ogier.

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    If Ogier is still interested in driving LeMans with a Hypercar (or a LMDh), he's probably leaving Toyota since they closed that door last year.

Liked 84 Times in 59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    If Ogier is still interested in driving LeMans with a Hypercar (or a LMDh), he's probably leaving Toyota since they closed that door last year.
    he needs more time to practice and improve. he is a superb driver but one season was not enough also for him.
    also toyota know that

4. Likes: AndyRAC (19th September 2023),TWRC (20th September 2023)
    Maybe Ogier could move to Hyundai to complete the set of driving for every possible WRC team !

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manthey View Post
    he needs more time to practice and improve. he is a superb driver but one season was not enough also for him.
    also toyota know that
    Whilst he's a multiple WRC champion, it's also possible that he's just not suited to Endurance circuit racing. He wasn't quick, and was making mistakes....Toyota will have the data, and will know whether he's capable of improving. Not all top drivers are versatile.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

7. Likes: dimviii (19th September 2023),focus206 (19th September 2023)
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...ours/10522465/

So the rumour is over? If Hyundai can't afford much more salary than Toyota, There is really no reason for Ogier to move

How about Rovanpera, I find the current salary is 600000 euro per season??

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Whilst he's a multiple WRC champion, it's also possible that he's just not suited to Endurance circuit racing. He wasn't quick, and was making mistakes....Toyota will have the data, and will know whether he's capable of improving. Not all top drivers are versatile.
    If Ogier wanted to keep chasing a hypercar seat for Le Mans, he could have completed last season, instead of leaving the LMP2 team after Le Mans. So I think he either understood he's not quick enough for hypercar (even though he could maybe find an agreement with the slower hypercar teams such as Glickenhaus or ByKolles) or he's so arrogant to believe he doesn't need practice in LMP2 and is ready for a hypercar seat. I think the first option is more plausible.

10. Likes: EstWRC (19th September 2023)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    If Ogier wanted to keep chasing a hypercar seat for Le Mans, he could have completed last season, instead of leaving the LMP2 team after Le Mans. So I think he either understood he's not quick enough for hypercar (even though he could maybe find an agreement with the slower hypercar teams such as Glickenhaus or ByKolles) or he's so arrogant to believe he doesn't need practice in LMP2 and is ready for a hypercar seat. I think the first option is more plausible.
    In the interviews he was very self critical at that time so I think he felt he was out of place. He completed Le Mans so he can put a checkmark on that and return to rally.

12. Likes: TWRC (20th September 2023)

Liked 661 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1988senna View Post
    https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...ours/10522465/

So the rumour is over? If Hyundai can't afford much more salary than Toyota, There is really no reason for Ogier to move

How about Rovanpera, I find the current salary is 600000 euro per season??
    I think you've missed a '0' off that number....

Then there are win / podium bonuses on top of that...