Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Unless someone can show me a video or photo proving otherwise, the ones I've seen all show at least a car width to the white line. The onboard shows that Lewis moved without being pushed.
    Checkout the links that you posted buddy
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    As I said, from just the view shown on the coverage I have, I thought it was a racing incident with Sergio just as much at fault probably. But from the onboards he's in complete control, doesn't alter his trajectory, and always left more than adequate space per the rules. Lewis put himself in the wet, and lost control when he induced his understeer.

Hardly worth a slap to Checo for playing by the rules.
    I just watched it again , and I now completely agree with you on all counts .
    Checo , indeed , left enough room so that Lewis had space to run on track in the corner before the incident occurred .

3. Likes: Mia 01 (9th August 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Checkout the links that you posted buddy
    I suggest you do the same .

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I just watched it again , and I now completely agree with you on all counts .
    Checo , indeed , left enough room so that Lewis had space to run on track in the corner before the incident occurred .
    I'm not at all surprised that you changed your mind. Anyone that looks at all the video and photos will not find any place where Lewis got squeezed. If there was such an incident there would be evidence that contradicts what we have as evidence.

Lewis created the contact and got a penalty.

I'm not at all surprised that you changed your mind. Anyone that looks at all the video and photos will not find any place where Lewis got squeezed. If there was such an incident there would be evidence that contradicts what we have as evidence.

Lewis created the contact and got a penalty.
    I had it wrong , and you showed me evidence that "shifted" my opinion .

But , I never had the idea that a penalty for Lewis wasn't deserved .

And , I'm still on the fence over whether Checo needs a slap , as Lewis has form in this area tapping drivers wide when frustrated .
    Ask Max or Albon about that .

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    There is always some risk going wheel to wheel with anyone. In this case, the chances of inside line understeer probably increased a little based on track records, but at the same time no driver is going to just back out of it and give them loads of room either. If they are going to do that they may as well just act like they are being blue flagged and pull over for the other car.

But it seems these days with some patience you can find multiple angles of just about anything that happens on track most of the time. I usually resort to the replays and onboards of my coverage first, and go from there. It's hard to dispute video evidence in most cases, and sometimes you can even find telemetry data if needed.

As for the penalties, it seems they are trying to be more uniform, but I think a few have slipped through the cracks. Compared to previous years overall I think they are doing much better, but at times some of the track limits type stuff is slow to show up. At least they are working on changing some of the tracks to make it easier to enforce.

8. Likes: Bagwan (8th August 2023)