Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    What happened to Chris Ingram...

Rallye Monte Carlo is over for another year, I’ll be back and one day I will make my mark on this amazing event.

It stings to have had a technical issue in Monte yet again. We will investigate together with Skoda to find out why this happened.

We had a chaotic start to the rally, but I was loving driving on those iconic stages. I’d hoped a strong run through Stage 5 would be the turning point as I started to gel with the new car.

The car died on us on the road section, then again in service, and the then unknown electrical gremlin was not found until we were 30 minutes late, which resulted in us receiving a 5-minute time penalty.

I will come back stronger and more determined with some huge opportunities on the horizon.

A sincere thanks to my sponsors, my supporters, my co-driver Hannah Mckillop Davison, The Racing Factory team, our engineer Paolo Piras, and our ice note crew Simone Campedelli and Nicolò Gonella.
    He kind of glosses over being quite slow all the time here....

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (28th January 2024)
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    How much of a disadvantage is going first in Sweden instead of going for. ex. third? I don't think it's much, second pass is always so rutted.
    source rtbf.be
    "With this success, Thierry Neuville will have the difficult task of opening the road in Sweden. "And we all know that if the snow in Sweden is bad, we risk losing a lot of points against those who go further away. So we're crossing our fingers that there will be good snow in Sweden and that we can achieve a good result, even when paving the road."

Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Source rtbf.be
    "Co-pilot Wydaeghe underlines the importance of the whole team in this victory, and especially the work of the openers. "They did an extraordinary job. This gives Thierry the confidence to attack more. In the last special on Saturday, we were really in Power Stage mode. And when the notes really correspond to the state of the road, we can attack much stronger."

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Ahhh, what a GREAT Rally that was. I hope Tierry wins this year. Hes been there for waaay too long. He needs this title.
    Thats my pick for 2024. Enough of Toyota haha

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    back from this magnificent Monte Carlo 2024 rally with drivers hungry for tarmac
    fasten your seatbelts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqa9XHhtL0I

7. Likes: flat_right (29th January 2024)
    Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    source rtbf.be
    "With this success, Thierry Neuville will have the difficult task of opening the road in Sweden. "And we all know that if the snow in Sweden is bad, we risk losing a lot of points against those who go further away. So we're crossing our fingers that there will be good snow in Sweden and that we can achieve a good result, even when paving the road."
    If there will be really cold weather and no fresh snow, Neuville will benefit. His studded tires will have better grip on the hard freezed snow, which will be getting so loose for the late runners.

Liked 1,045 Times in 303 Posts

10. Likes: becher (29th January 2024),Corcaíoch (29th January 2024),Eli (29th January 2024),EstWRC (29th January 2024),KKS (10th February 2024),MartijnS (29th January 2024),Mirek (29th January 2024),seb_sh (29th January 2024),TWRC (29th January 2024)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Seems that Tänak joining the team boosts Neuville motivation

He won Monte when Ott joined in 2020 and won now 4 years later when Tänak rejoined the team
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Seems that Tänak joining the team boosts Neuville motivation

He won Monte when Ott joined in 2020 and won now 4 years later when Tänak rejoined the team
    Jokes aside, there is some truth as well - it is openly said that Neuville and Tänak are free to fight for the title, and the situation is monitored and rechecked around the middle of the season. In other words, after that may come team orders and one needs to start support-working for the other (in case there is a need for that). So, it is logical that Neuville and Tänak both want to be The One who gets support for the title.

Neuville made really impressive opening round, if he can carry this as momentum to other rallies, it will be difficult for Tänak to match him. It means that for Tänak it is critical to deliver in Sweden, otherwise, the point difference has grown a bit too big already.

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Neuville made really impressive opening round, if he can carry this as momentum to other rallies, it will be difficult for Tänak to match him. It means that for Tänak it is critical to deliver in Sweden, otherwise, the point difference has grown a bit too big already.
    Tanak will have Poland-Latvia-Finland later in the year in which he's faster than Neuville. He can afford to "just" score points in his worst rallies, but indeed we'll see how Sweden goes.