Page 69 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Suppose Neuville has a puncture or an off tomorrow and loses some minutes... before he'd have lost places and points, but now he'd still keep his 18 pts from Thur-Sat.

Good or bad?
    For an artificially close championship good, otherwise total shite

2. Likes: seb_sh (27th January 2024)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav View Post
    This looks good for the Hybrid units ;
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/toyota-cr...hybrid-system/

The rules were changed this year;

There have also been changes made to the number of hybrid units available in 2024, as teams can no longer use more than three new units as opposed to nine in previous years as another way of reducing costs.
    I think that rule only applies for the 2025-2026 season, this year if I remember correctly, they are still allowed 9.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

4. Likes: satnav (27th January 2024)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    I think that this reduced HY system regulation from x to 3 is pointless..
    It is a 3rd party piece of (sh!7) weight in the car that just has to be there..
    It fails so often and teams can't do anything about it, because it isn't their product.

In conclusion.. if HY works it works and nobody gains anything when using new system ,,just in case''.

It isn't like using new engine, clutch, gearboz etc..
    That really make a difference.
    Last edited by TypeR; 27th January 2024 at 19:42.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

7. Likes: cali (28th January 2024),Corcaíoch (27th January 2024),Eli (27th January 2024),EstWRC (27th January 2024),fiscorpun (27th January 2024),focus206 (27th January 2024),Mirek (27th January 2024),Morte66 (27th January 2024),seb_sh (27th January 2024)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Tänak:

A solid day, altogether not too bad. I have been struggling with my engine again but we will see tonight what can be done, but I would say it’s definitely holding us back. When we are faster and the stage is flowing, it doesn’t have as great an effect, and we have been improving step-by-step.

We have a lot of options available for our tyres, so we can adapt to the situation in the morning.

In some ways, the rally starts again tomorrow; we want to score points, but you really need to follow what the others are doing – something to keep an eye on.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

9. Likes: dimviii (27th January 2024)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: dimviii (27th January 2024),Mirek (27th January 2024)
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    I think that this reduced HY system regulation from x to 3 is pointless..
    It is a 3rd party piece of (sh!7) weight in the car that just has to be there..
    It fails so often and teams can't do anything about it, because it isn't their product.

In conclusion.. if HY works it works and nobody gains anything when using new system ,,just in case''.

It isn't like using new engine, clutch, gearboz etc..
    That really make a difference.
    They instead should’ve focused on the fact they’re running synthetic fuels or fossil-free fuels (whatever the case may be) and promote that instead of the fact the cars are now plug-in hybrids; Which if we’re being honest, none of the fans care about, it only adds weight, some additional cost to the cars (which as we said before are already mighty expensive) and a massive headache to the teams.
    If it’s such a good solution for the sport, why didn’t they implement it to the rally2 cars? Hell why didn’t they even bother with giving them mild-hybrid systems?
    Last edited by Eli; 27th January 2024 at 19:57.

13. Likes: fiscorpun (27th January 2024),seb_sh (27th January 2024)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Wasn't it some time ago that these fia smartheads thought about r5 cars' need to adapt to 48v or whatever mild hybrid systems.. Luckily this shit didn't happen.

And about the fuel...
    I don't know about today, but in the beginning years it was do harmful for the engined that r5/rally2/wrc2 drivers had to change the oil on every service and also some of Mikkelsen's dnf were due engine failuers bc of this ,,fossil free fuel''
    Last edited by TypeR; 27th January 2024 at 20:15.

Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Wasn't it some time ago that these fia smartheads thought about r5 cars' need to adapt to 48v or whatever mild hybrid systems.. Luckily this shit didn't happen.

And about the fuel...
    I don't know about today, but in the beginning years it was do harmful for the engined that r5/rally2/wrc2 drivers had to change the oil on every service and also some of Mikkelsen's dnf were due engine failuers bc of this ,,fossil free fuel''
    Yeah I think there was a dirtfish article (or a few) regarding this back in ‘21 or was it ‘20? (Covid made it all scrambled), asking if rally2 should go the rally1 way, I think they even asked Yves Matton about this but ultimately they agreed it would add too much complexity to the car and wouldn’t be worth it.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    That's something i miss from the old Eurosport/IRC Monte days.. instead of 'here is car 1-2-3 going through the same section of the stage' they used to jump around a lot more so one would see more of the stage and it was better for the drama too as they would focus on the tighest battles. At least that's how i remember it.

The current setup has it's advantages too of course; equal coverage for all competitors and you can directely compare cars/drivers over the same stretch of road.
    The current live coverage is good, and they have listened to complaints a little. Post stage interviews now in a small screen at the corner, so we can still watch the action. Becs sometimes shuts up and says "lets listen to Scott Martin or whatever co driver" for 30secs etc.
    But my biggest gripe is maybe following Fourmaux today, while Neuville and Ogier are absolutely on it in an intense battle.

Presume their must be an agreement all P1 drivers or teams get equal-ish coverage? Suppose that would be an attraction for sponsors when you can guarantee screen time no matter what position you are