Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Seems like results stay as they were. No other news and Championship standings on fiaerc.com has been updated.

https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/results--...standings/erc/
    Last edited by TypeR; 10th July 2023 at 10:06.

2. Likes: Andre Oliveira (11th July 2023),Jarek Z (10th July 2023)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    No. We have learned that almost all R5 cars are fast and it is mainly about driver (and setup).
    So after 4 years in the C3 and much (gravel) development done by him Ostberg is no longer a good driver and cant set up a car ?

4. Likes: Rallyper (11th July 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    So after 4 years in the C3 and much (gravel) development done by him Ostberg is no longer a good driver and cant set up a car ?
    Come on now, everyone knows it's the French tarmac drivers who are to blame!

6. Likes: Rallyper (11th July 2023)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    some quotes from Ostberg:

"I'm scared to death to be honest. I have never been this scared to drive before. I have nothing to say, I do my absolute best, but something is very, very strange."
    "I think 'a bit uncomfortable' is maybe not the right thing. I don't know what to do. I'm just driving with what I have. We agree in the car that rally is normally fun, so we try and have a fun. We also agree that something is not right."
    "We have to do something, so we'll have to search a bit and discuss with the team what we can do. We try to have fun and the stages are beautiful, would be nice to drive how I want, but every corner I feel I cannot drive properly so I'm losing a lot of time in places."

"We did some significant changes in service and it seems to work a lot better now, I made the mistake of putting hard tyres on the car, with the rain it didn't help so hopefully the stages don't have much rain on and we can push."

"It feels not clean and effective! I feel like I'm lacking a lot of power, I felt really low on power in there. I did some cuts, so maybe I took some bushes!"
    "It's bad to be honest, I don't have any power so I guess that's it."
    "I have an idea of what is going on, there is nothing we can do. I have been in this situation before, I am really on the limit and enjoying it."
    "It was not so good but at least we have power again which is very nice and not shocking, but very difficult to drive yesterday, so I need to get used to power again!"
    "The grip is not there and it is difficult because we are doing a lot of cleaning. However, I feel I have power in the car again. We are starting in front but it is a penalty for our speed yesterday."
    "We have the power to do it but now we don't have the brakes to do it. The brake problem is back, we tried to solve it but we couldn't. It's quite slippy, so for the first pass on Colin's the winter is better, but we'll see."

"We've had an engine issue all day, we have two issues. One is fixed, but the response of the engine is not there as I need the angle on the car and need to floor the power, but it creates a lot of understeer so it's hard to get the rhythm."

bad setup initially but then an engine issue, then brake issues on the C3, add a bad road position because of the issues so I don't think we learned anything actually

we already knew fast rallies are a strength of the Polo

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Otherwise good rally for Solberg, the kind of performance you expect of him if he wants to be considered for a Rally1 drive.

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Hopefully the anti cut blocks for this event is not the new standard, went to pick one up and had to put my hand under it, must be close to 20kg. One day we will have a serious accident because of them.
    Im watching SVT's coverge now and Jonas Kruse says that the weight of them are 35-40 Kg.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Some raw rally action from Royal Rally of Scandinavia - only engine sounds:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrvuSOElBxg
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

11. Likes: skarderud (13th July 2023)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    Im watching SVT's coverge now and Jonas Kruse says that the weight of them are 35-40 Kg.
    Doubt they were that heavy as i could lift it with one hand, or was there two types maybe. But way to heavy, you could rip the whole suspension off on them
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 140 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Doubt they were that heavy as i could lift it with one hand, or was there two types maybe. But way to heavy, you could rip the whole suspension off on them
    Well if they were made out of paper they wouldn't serve the purpuse...

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Tom Kristensson is back rallying !

Happy to announce we will start in Swedish Rally Championship at Snapphanerallyt with Team SKÅAB’s in a Ford Fiesta R5.