Thread: Disappointed

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

Disappointed

In Sargeant's pace in practice. I had hoped he would be closer to his team mate. We'll see how qualifying goes. Red Bull then Ferrari have most everyone else covered. The mid field battles should be good though.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Used to be Starter View Post
    In Sargeant's pace in practice. I had hoped he would be closer to his team mate. We'll see how qualifying goes. Red Bull then Ferrari have most everyone else covered. The mid field battles should be good though.
    Albon is super fast and a good benchmark for Logan. He would improve with more races.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Albon is super fast and a good benchmark for Logan. He would improve with more races.
    Maybe. It's been a while since any American moved the needle in F1.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    With such limited testing these days I think it's even harder for new drivers to adapt. Combine that with not being in the best cars and I think they need at least half a season to start showing any potential really. I guess we'll see you over time if Logan adapts well.

I just found out recently that Hunter Yeany is a local guy who started in carting a few miles from where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    With such limited testing these days I think it's even harder for new drivers to adapt. Combine that with not being in the best cars and I think they need at least half a season to start showing any potential really. I guess we'll see you over time if Logan adapts well.

I just found out recently that Hunter Yeany is a local guy who started in carting a few miles from where I live.
    Somebody tell Piastri about that. He is almost on pace with Norris. It depends on the driver l think.
    William Shakespeare

I don't consider a driver having 2.5 times more points being "on pace" with the driver he leads on the same team. And Piastri may well be better than Sargeant, but both are dealing with the newer regs in F1 with limited testing. Considering Albon has only scored a single point in the Williams, it's rather hard to compare how close Sargeant might be expected to be. I would apply the same to Nyck, you can't just jump into a new car type, team, etc and be really on the game usually. In instances like this new drivers that manage to get into really good cars might look extraordinary, but really mostly due to the car IMHO.

I don't consider a driver having 2.5 times more points being "on pace" with the driver he leads on the same team. And Piastri may well be better than Sargeant, but both are dealing with the newer regs in F1 with limited testing. Considering Albon has only scored a single point in the Williams, it's rather hard to compare how close Sargeant might be expected to be. I would apply the same to Nyck, you can't just jump into a new car type, team, etc and be really on the game usually. In instances like this new drivers that manage to get into really good cars might look extraordinary, but really mostly due to the car IMHO.
    Well have a read of this https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...did-at-mclaren
    William Shakespeare

Being that Ricciardo struggled in the car, it's really so surprise that Piastri seems to be quicker according to Lando. But points are points, and quicker isn't on par for points purposes.

Being that Ricciardo struggled in the car, it's really so surprise that Piastri seems to be quicker according to Lando. But points are points, and quicker isn't on par for points purposes.
    For a rookie season, proof of having great speed is more important than points. The team would know loads of points would come in due course after some rough edges have been polished off and more experience gained. If Piastrin is this fast at this stage, he can only get even better with time. I think we should watch him with interest.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 22nd May 2023 at 20:47.
    William Shakespeare