Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    True but which is easier, get 100mil from one company or get one mil from 100 companies? Hence the bumper-sticker cars...

Yes, but the Expert sponsorship has not only a success for Henning and Cato, but also for Expert. The team is an integrated part of their pr program, and they draw crowd to shop-openings and so on.

And Experts suppliers (as Samsung and Pioneer) do also share the bill.

In USA is such sponsorship more common, MacDonald’s have their own Dragracing team... It should be more companies who are able to see the value of such a close cooperation.

Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    According to this it's all with four-wheel drive rallycar.

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press...270207-01.html
    Mmm, I didn't realise this. I thought it was just those chasing manufacturers points. So if it's all 4WD cars, that must apply to the PWRC field as well? OK now I think this new rule is completly stupid. That would mean Nutahara would have to give up his Yokohama deal, McShea his Kumhos.

Does this also apply to locals entering their WRC round? For example reigning NZ champ Richard Mason has a deal with Silverstone, if he wants to enter Rally NZ 2008 will he have shod Pirelli since he uses a 4WD car? That's not good for PR between driver and sponsor. This rule may deplete fields.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Maui J.

In 2008 Citroen run 3 cars, 2 dedicated to the M1 with Pirellis of course but the third ’privateer’ car shod with Michelin/BF Goodrich fully livered up with branding and driven by….......Seb Loeb. Not that Citroen would go for that but it would shake a few rattles at the FIA
    I wrote something along the lines of that! Whats stopping Loeb from continuing with BFG nxt year as Galli this & last year drove with Pirelli's and the control tyre is.... BFG!

Confusing...so how was Gigi aloud to do this? because he was a privateer? Perhaps if Loeb will be a privateer next year, he could be the first privateer to win WRC rounds in as many years and even the drivers! But able to score team points?
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 175 Times in 77 Posts
    This has got to be a joke!? Also Stuart Jones is sponsered by Hankook, and the reason for him leaving the British Championship was Pirelli becoming the control!

Think the FIA are trying to **** the sport up big time. One tyre supplier, that is so far the wrong way! There needs to be more suppliers to create more competition and interest, not to mention sponsorship opportunities! What next.....everyone in the same car?

Sorry what i wrote was a joke?

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1
    I wrote something along the lines of that! Whats stopping Loeb from continuing with BFG nxt year as Galli this & last year drove with Pirelli's and the control tyre is.... BFG!
    2008 is the first year there will be control tyre, this year is a matter of Pirelli deciding to withdraw from WRC on 2007.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    I wrote something along the lines of that!
    Sorry GG1, hope I didn't steal your line. I don't read everything on this forum. Great minds think alike eh!

ahh ok....but can drivers still drive with another brand tyre? Or completly banned? I'm not stupid, i'm just wondering....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ahh ok....but can drivers still drive with another brand tyre? Or completly banned? I'm not stupid, i'm just wondering....
    The way I've understood it is that all 4-wheel drive cars have to use Pirelli, including privateers.
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Quote Originally Posted by Viktory
    The way I've understood it is that all 4-wheel drive cars have to use Pirelli, including privateers.
    Thanks!