Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktory
    The way I've understood it is that all 4-wheel drive cars have to use Pirelli, including privateers.
    Not privaters the way i understod it
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    They should NOT be to privateers, it will be a disaster for no reason!!
    OK for WRC cars couls be OK, but not for PWRC or locals in n4 machinery
    Zeque
    Argentina

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    I understand it to be for ALL 4 wheel drive cars in the field

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZequeArgentina
    They should NOT be to privateers, it will be a disaster for no reason!!
    OK for WRC cars couls be OK, but not for PWRC or locals in n4 machinery
    Wouldn't it bee funny when the PWRC cars got a new Super-Duper tire, and the WRC on the control tire got outrun?

Liked 646 Times in 348 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glee
    Yes, but the Expert sponsorship has not only a success for Henning and Cato, but also for Expert. The team is an integrated part of their pr program, and they draw crowd to shop-openings and so on.

And Experts suppliers (as Samsung and Pioneer) do also share the bill.

In USA is such sponsorship more common, MacDonald’s have their own Dragracing team... It should be more companies who are able to see the value of such a close cooperation.
    I agree fully, I like branded teams. Ok, all teams do have a title sponsor but having one that pays all the bills and has whole livery dedicated to them is great, looks much better than multiple stickers all around the car. Having said that, there are nice looking stickered liveries too. For driver, one big sponsorship is way easier, I reckon.

Liked 646 Times in 348 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBARUNORWAY1
    Not privaters the way i understod it
    How can you read "up" and understand "down"? Text has no if's and but's, it is quite clear, 4WD means control tyre, period.

Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    This rule will hurt the championship even more. Numbers of local entrants will fall. Similar to the way the FIA fuel rule in 2005 did. Here in NZ only 8 local drivers entered the 2005 Rally NZ due to this rule. It really stretched the budgets of many. I don't even know the figure but was it something like 5 Euros a litre.
    This tyre rule will do the same I believe.
    Many drivers have a deal with the local importer or supplier of tyres. If they have to turn their backs on them in order to do their country's WRC round. Well as I've said before this is bad for driver/sponsor relationships.

Anyway does anybody know what kind of deal Pirelli will provide. Tyres at full retail, wholesale, cost, below cost...?

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maui J.
    Anyway does anybody know what kind of deal Pirelli will provide. Tyres at full retail, wholesale, cost, below cost...?
    There is an agreed prizing for tyres, think it was part of the tendering process.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maui J.
    When all drivers are using the same tire then you don’t need the “super-duper-extra-special tires”, just a good tire that is the same for everybody. That would probably reduce the cost for tires dramatically.

On the other hand it could bee that today drivers are getting tires free or at a very love price as a part of a sponsorship deal.

An alternative would be a fixed price on tires, and the tire-manufacturer would bee obligated to sell the tire to all drivers at that price. That would reduce the cost for the team, but would still open up for tire-sponsorship.

You would probably end up with only one company who would supply all tires, but open up for competitors.

What they should do if nobody did want to sell tires at that price is also a potential problem.