Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    Maybe this should be called the Spanish Grand Prix, as all the Spanish speakers are right up front.
    The Cuban Grand Prix is probably more appropriate.....

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Rain overnight changed the weather dynamics. Chances of rain now are very slight (20%).

Also with the rain overnight, track conditions have changed and might mean more safety cars.

Miami going all out on the pre-race activities.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Hamilton from 13th to sixth. What a drive!
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Hamilton from 13th to sixth. What a drive!
    Agreed. Maybe the best drive of the day given the car.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Brilliant races by:
    'stappen
    Boss
    Russ'
    And of course "The Wiley old Fox"

May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Brilliant races by:
    'stappen
    Boss
    Russ'

Alonso on the podium as expected by me. It turned out to be a good weekend for Mercedes; Russell 4th, Hamilton 6th. What is going on with Ferrari?
    William Shakespeare

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Not at all the race I was expecting to see, but not terrible either. I can't see myself really warming up to the Miami track much, as DRS passes alone make it boring. There was at least some dicing and good fighting back this year, so it could have been worse, but the track doesn't lend itself to multiple corner fighting like some.

Ole' Fred that nothing for the RB cars. Perez pulled a gap before Alonso could even say "six tenths". I was almost wondering if he would try after some tire preservation, but it was not to be.

Even though the track was green, it didn't seem as slick as expected. Even more surprising for me was that it seemed starting on the hard was the way to go. It seems that the Ferrari and the Merc cars were almost polar opposites on tires.... the Ferrari could fire them up quick but faded, the Merc needed time to fire them up but they lasted fairly well after. With differing tire strategies and DRS trains through the race, it at least kept it interesting. And some of the "back of the pack" cars such as Williams, Hass, and AT were hard to get a clean pass on, even by cars in the top 3 or 4 teams. Some good clean defending and fighting back by some of the drivers in lesser cars as well. Both Haas drivers, Albon, and both Alpine drivers made it obvious that on the right track most cars won't just do a fly by on the first DRS zone.

Overall it seemed Merc got it right better than the Reds today, not that it was easy. But Lewis got by Charles and George got by Carlos. Overall I thought the best drives were from the lesser cars that managed to keep it in the top 10. Lance seemed to struggle coming through the field today, but others did as well with the track and DRS trains. Overall I'd be hard pressed to pick either a driver or donkey of the day. Max had crazy pace, but it did seem the tire choice played to that and on most days he is faster than Checo. I'd say the entire top 10 held their own considering the hardware they are in, but no stand out drives really. I'd say maybe Sargeant for donkey but I didn't see what caused that early wing damage, so I'm not sure it was his fault. He did do the reamaning 54 laps on the hard tires though, so those things were really hanging in there today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Brilliant races by:
    'stappen
    Boss
    Russ'

Max Verstappen was awesome in the race. That double overtake was just like Hamilton did a few years ago. To come from way back to win the race shows Perez have his work cut to be able to defeat him for the title. That said, Verstappen obviously had the more favourable tyre strategy starting on the hards which did wonders for Hamilton as well.

The Miami track is great, they manage to get it right from the outset.
    William Shakespeare