Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    It was some kind of mistake yeah

I also really hope they get the car working once they have done the homologations but I don’t know. Somehow I’m still not optimistic

They only talk about the updates but nothing doesn’t seem to happen. I mean they have talked about the engine update almost for a year now and still hasn’t happened
    And they (still) have the reliability issues, I hope they also get those sorted before we'll get to Kenya, 'cause I don't think Ott will be willing to tolerate it for much longer. I just hope, that in case he doesn't win the title this year, he won't retire and put his helmet down.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Did last year Rovanperä wake up??why his performance is so poor in Mexico? if ogier is there can he beat Rovanperä

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    And they (still) have the reliability issues, I hope they also get those sorted before we'll get to Kenya, 'cause I don't think Ott will be willing to tolerate it for much longer. I just hope, that in case he doesn't win the title this year, he won't retire and put his helmet down.
    It’s either retirement or Toyota I think. I wished Toyota already for this year but didn’t happen, as I understood from betsafe interview he was offered the part time at Toyota , not 100% sure but one sentence sounds like that in that interview

Evans contract should end this year I think?
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    It’s either retirement or Toyota I think. I wished Toyota already for this year but didn’t happen, as I understood from betsafe interview he was offered the part time at Toyota , not 100% sure but one sentence sounds like that in that interview

Not heard about Toyota offering him a part-time drive.
    What I understood is more about the balance of the team and especially the fact that the last team that mix the big young gun and the old fella, it ends quite bad (Citroen with Ogier/Loeb).

Anyway, if Rovanpera finds again his last year form, there is no debate: best solution for Toyota is to renew the Rovanpera/Evans duo in the 2 first cars.
    Evans is the best number 2 driver available, quite close from number 1 but not a big match so no big risk of fight with Rovanpera.

Only solution to counter this would be Hyundai reuniting the Neuville/Tanak duo but it sounds unlikely. Or Hyundai (or M-Sport) hiring Evans but I don’t see the point for Evans of leaving Toyota.
    Considering the difference of age, the time clearly spends in favor of Rovanpera.

Well, I agree, retirement sounds the most likely option for Tanak IMO considering how it happens so far.

Yes if I recall correctly they signed him back in 2021 for a multi-year deal, I think it was mentioned until the end of 2023, you also have Katsuta which no offense to him is showing his true pace/form this year, so I'd say the Toyota line-up is pretty open for 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    What I understood is more about the balance of the team and especially the fact that the last team that mix the big young gun and the old fella, it ends quite bad (Citroen with Ogier/Loeb).

Anyway, if Rovanperä finds again his last year form, there is no debate: best solution for Toyota is to renew the Rovanperä/Evans duo in the 2 first cars.
    Evans is the best number 2 driver available, quite close from number 1 but not a big match so no big risk of fight with Rovanperä.

Only solution to counter this would be Hyundai reuniting the Neuville/Tänak duo but it sounds unlikely. Or Hyundai (or M-Sport) hiring Evans but I don’t see the point for Evans of leaving Toyota.
    Considering the difference of age, the time clearly spends in favor of Rovanperä.

Well, I agree, retirement sounds the most likely option for Tänak IMO considering how it happens so far.
    If Neuville would get the boot (which obviously he won't) then I'd say swap him at M-Sport and bring back Tänak to Hyundai but after 10 years in the team I don't see Cyril doing it or the higher management in South Korea doing so.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Tänak can forget the title

7 gravel rallies in a row and the car is so bad on gravel.
    Without the puncture Tanak would be right in the podium battle here. And that's with Sordo and Lappi having road position advantage...

8. Likes: cali (13th May 2023),EstWRC (13th May 2023)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post

Anyway, if Rovanpera finds again his last year form, there is no debate: best solution for Toyota is to renew the Rovanpera/Evans duo in the 2 first cars.
    Evans is the best number 2 driver available, quite close from number 1 but not a big match so no big risk of fight with Rovanpera.

Only solution to counter this would be Hyundai reuniting the Neuville/Tanak duo but it sounds unlikely. Or Hyundai (or M-Sport) hiring Evans but I don’t see the point for Evans of leaving Toyota.
    Considering the difference of age, the time clearly spends in favor of Rovanpera.

Well, I agree, retirement sounds the most likely option for Tanak IMO considering how it happens so far.
    i would like to see rovanpera, neuville and tanak all in the same car. preferably ogier also.

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Tänak slower than Taka ...

windscreen "a bit" broken
    Last edited by meh; 13th May 2023 at 15:35.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Without the puncture Tanak would be right in the podium battle here. And that's with Sordo and Lappi having road position advantage...
    But he isn’t and performance wise it’s not good

Again very slow now on Amarante
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -