Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,123 Times in 601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    so the only interesting thing for tomorrow is the Hyundai situation

are Neuville and Lappi allowed to fight and when will Sordo take 20-30 sec penalty to let them both past
    Before todays last stage would have given neuville the best position for tomorrow.

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts

[WRC] Rally Portugal 2023

Tänaks confirming to Delfi what I wrote here earlier, the wooden horse effect.

It’s down to the suspension and the rougher the stages are the worse it is, first passes are okay but second ones not and they are getting slower than faster.

Says there is nothing to do cause the suspension is locked (he means linked between the events I guess)

The reporter asks is there a opportunity to find a faster setup or car for tomorrow and Tänaks answers the fastest way is to airport at the moment
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,122 Times in 918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Tänaks confirming to Delfi what I wrote here earlier, the wooden horse effect.

It’s down to the suspension and the rougher the stages are the worse it is, first passes are okay but second ones not and they are getting slower than faster.

Says there is nothing to do cause the suspension is locked (he means linked between the events I guess)

The reporter asks is there a opportunity to find a faster setup or car for tomorrow and Tänaks answers the fastest way is to airport at the moment
    what still frustrates me is that they had proper PET's, good speed on SD, was fastest on stage, lead the rally.. and now somehow fked the settings up so much that they can't fight Taka anymore..
    But okay, last stage end interviews were okay, as he didn't start a monomogue about what is wrong still/again..

4. Likes: Eli (13th May 2023),Fast Eddie WRC (13th May 2023)
    Liked 576 Times in 209 Posts
    Sorry but for me Tanak has always been miserable. There are lots of people that would kill to be driving the car he has. I know he’s frustrated but it’s boring. If he’s fed up then he can go and sit at home with his feet up having been world champion and earned a huge amount of cash.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

6. Likes: WRC1 (13th May 2023)
    Liked 2,122 Times in 918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Sorry but for me Tanak has always been miserable. There are lots of people that would kill to be driving the car he has. I know he’s frustrated but it’s boring. If he’s fed up then he can go and sit at home with his feet up having been world champion and earned a huge amount of cash.
    Lol.. Loubet is driving the same car as Tanak has and said that he has nothing to learn from Tanak + he feels the car is all good..

Well, at Loubet' pace ofcourse the car is comfortable.. let him first get the pace up to Tanak's and then talk again.

And maybe don't be so bitter/butthurt about one driver's money/titles.

8. Likes: flat_right (13th May 2023)
    Liked 576 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Lol.. Loubet is driving the same car as Tanak has and said that he has nothing to learn from Tanak + he feels the car is all good..

Well, at Loubet' pace ofcourse the car is comfortable.. let him first get the pace up to Tanak's and then talk again.

And maybe don't be so bitter/butthurt about one driver's money/titles.
    LOL LOL nice one. I’m not bitter, why would I be? Tanak has had a successful career so don’t understand your point.
    But there are plenty of hungry drivers out there who won’t constantly complain about how terrible the car is. What did he expect when he went there?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 16,091 Times in 6,982 Posts

Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    Tanak:

Honestly, it’s mentally tough just to drive through, knowing that if I’m pushing to the limit, then we are losing 15sec and if I go like I am at the moment, then 25sec. It’s challenging for sure, but we can improve and I know that the team is working hard, so it needs to come at some point.

Liked 486 Times in 187 Posts
    When they were showing Tänak's onboard after the finish of SD, the first thing he said was "drives like a wooden horse", which suggests that he had already sensed the problem at that point. Not sure about PET, why they didn't get this feeling from there. But I'm sure they will find a solution to this for the coming rallies.
    Last edited by flat_right; 13th May 2023 at 21:13.

Liked 402 Times in 211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    what still frustrates me is that they had proper PET's, good speed on SD, was fastest on stage, lead the rally.. and now somehow fked the settings up so much that they can't fight Taka anymore..
    But okay, last stage end interviews were okay, as he didn't start a monomogue about what is wrong still/again..
    This doesn't sound like a pure setup problem, more like geometry etc..that can only be changed with jokers/homologation.

14. Likes: EstWRC (13th May 2023)