Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Ott has the pace and knows when is the time to push. Totally opposite to Neuville. Cant even remember when was the last time he had a proper crash.

Most consistent and reliable driver out there.

2. Likes: Eli (14th May 2023),EstWRC (14th May 2023),skarderud (14th May 2023)
    Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Congrats to Kalle, great drive this weekend.
    Interesting that he alluded to a personal issue he has been struggling with, I wouldn’t want to speculate, but let’s hope he has it under control or is coping ok whatever the issue.
    A bit torn on the WRC2 class as Solberg drove great, but you have to say that he was actually pretty lucky they didn’t impose the mandated 5 minute penalty in the rule book.

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    When half of the top 10 is filled by the support catagory on a popular event like Portugal, it’s time to call it a day for WRC1. 3 head to head races at the super special last night….3. That’s not very exciting even for hardcore fans. All the casual rally fans I know have switched off completely now. It doesn’t matter how fast the top cars are when the variety in competition is so poor.

5. Likes: cali (14th May 2023),EstWRC (14th May 2023),Humber (14th May 2023),Katvala (14th May 2023),Lead (14th May 2023),Rallyper (14th May 2023),seb_sh (14th May 2023),skarderud (14th May 2023),Tauri_J (14th May 2023),tommeke_B (14th May 2023)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    When half of the top 10 is filled by the support catagory on a popular event like Portugal, it’s time to call it a day for WRC1. 3 head to head races at the super special last night….3. That’s not very exciting even for hardcore fans. All the casual rally fans I know have switched off completely now. It doesn’t matter how fast the top cars are when the variety in competition is so poor.
    I watched only 3 stages throughout the whole rally, lost interest on Saturday and didn't bother even with PS

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Yes, it is really bad craftsmansship from the promoter. What on earth are they doing? Nothing.

Cut the manufacturer-rule, open up for private tuners, it will take like 1 week before 3-4 energy-poison-drink-team are ready to set up a team.
    Several good tuners will also give it a go if the rules is good.
    Yes, Hyundai will probably leave, but Toyota and M-sport will keep up, if 3 more teams coming it is much better than today.
    If pirelli also can make good tires, we know they can, this kind of rallies will be exiting.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Well, PS is always exciting. Even today as it was head to head in both categories. If you don´t like to see that, what would you actually like to watch?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    When half of the top 10 is filled by the support category on a popular event like Portugal, it’s time to call it a day for WRC1. 3 head to head races at the super special last night….3. That’s not very exciting even for hardcore fans. All the casual rally fans I know have switched off completely now. It doesn’t matter how fast the top cars are when the variety in competition is so poor.
    Just watching the MotoGP in Le-Mans on tv, wayyyyy more interesting, as much as I love rallying, there's a need of a serious shakeup from the promoter & the FIA, or else I don't think we'll have a championship beyond 2029 and I'm being kind by saying 2029.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Well, PS is always exciting. Even today as it was head to head in both categories. If you don´t like to see that, what would you actually like to watch?
    Agree, the whining from the hardcore fans is sometimes unbearable. Every rally it is "the most boring rally ever". Nobody watches it for the driving brilliance anymore?

11. Likes: EstWRC (14th May 2023),Rallyper (14th May 2023)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    Agree, the whining from the hardcore fans is sometimes unbearable. Every rally it is "the most boring rally ever". Nobody watches it for the driving brilliance anymore?
    +1

For me the biggest problem is Sundays, something has to be done with those, IMO there is two options - to loose it after all and lets end saturday with PS stage (i remember there were some kind of talks about this couple of years ago) or make just 2-3 shorter (11-13km) stages on Sundays and give also points on those for TOP3. PS stage is brilliant IMO, todays stage was again very exciting and proved it.

For Portugal it would be better to switch the days, Saturday and Friday, so we dont have all the action on Day1 and then nothing after that like it was this year and also last year.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

13. Likes: Rallyper (14th May 2023)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    The powerstage was pretty good, it's just a shame Toyota's competitors were hampered by reliability issues, 'cause I'm sure if M-Sport can sort their car out we'll have a very interesting fight between Tänak & Rovanperä.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig