Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Liked 103 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    Can't disaagre. Neuville's problems this year: Portugal Turbo failure, Kenya suspension (yes, still DSQ), Greece suspension.. Without this, he would have 40 points more.. Tanak is the same story ofc
    I think the Greece suspension issue is abit driver related also. Other drivers were able to avoid the issue. This is the difference between champions ans non-champions.

Obviously it was an unlucky situation and maybe the Toyota would have survived. Still it wasn't just a pure technical problem.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Even the lucky escapes often aren't just a thing of luck. Some drivers simply know better than others where to risk to go off.
    Last edited by Mirek; 28th October 2023 at 17:39.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 234 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Are you available to commentate on rally TV? Their commentators can't go any further than saying how nice the drivers are and what flags there are on the stage...
    It would be great to have coverage coming from a third party instead. Someone who is allowed to criticise, that aren't directly employed by WRC. When drivers in an interview say something that might be somewhat controversial, they pretend they didn't hear (cause they can't talk about it). It's all too PR friendly. At least when they have guest commentators, they aren't as drilled in the PR rules for what to say and they deviate a bit.

But also I'd like to have commentators that are not solely focused on guiding new watchers through the coverage. It gets some annoying to hear the same basic explanations for everything 10 times a rally. I'd like more technical talk, more talk about stats, former performances, and of course less oral PR curfew (in lack of better words)

As for the rally, I think this is a good one. I enjoyed watching yesterday, and today I followed all stages through until Evans' accident, and from that time it became Sunday feelings again, but that's not the fault of the rally!

Sent from my M2012K11G using Tapatalk

4. Likes: AndyRAC (28th October 2023),becher (28th October 2023),Corcaíoch (28th October 2023),Eli (28th October 2023),EstWRC (29th October 2023),lancia037 (29th October 2023),manthey (28th October 2023),Rally Hokkaido (29th October 2023),seb_sh (28th October 2023)
    Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trykmann View Post
    I think the Greece suspension issue is abit driver related also. Other drivers were able to avoid the issue. This is the difference between champions ans non-champions.

Obviously it was an unlucky situation and maybe the Toyota would have survived. Still it wasn't just a pure technical problem.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    Ogier was right before Neuville and he damaged the suspension as well at the same exact point, saying it was impossible to avoid. Of course, he was driving a Toyota, so he survived. And the little bump/ditch in the middle of the road probably got deeper the more cars passed, with Ogier and Neuville being the last two of the Rally1. So the difference between the 8 times world champion and the no times world champion was the car they were driving, no magic driving instict that allowed Ogier to avoid problems.

6. Likes: becher (28th October 2023),dimviii (28th October 2023)
    Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    Atmosphere in service park especially while "meet the crews" action was incredible, everyone was cheering for Neuville and for all the drivers when they arrived to service

8. Likes: becher (28th October 2023),EstWRC (28th October 2023),Rally Hokkaido (29th October 2023)
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    So did anyone have to show their tickets stageside? We did four stages yesterday and didn't have to show them once.

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Atmosphere in service park especially while "meet the crews" action was incredible, everyone was cheering for Neuville and for all the drivers when they arrived to service
    Good to hear that! Thats what rally should be like!

Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    So did anyone have to show their tickets stageside? We did four stages yesterday and didn't have to show them once.
    Only in FZ, service was free

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Only in FZ, service was free
    I thought to just watch from a field one still had to get a day ticket/rallypass. Did I misunderstand?

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    seb_sh Great analysis. I would just add that on the 'Elfyn Evans' thread we remarked how while he does adapt to conditions well, his crashes, like in this rally, seem to occur when stage conditions are not so tricky or his position is not under actual threat. However, in two of the three occasions I can recall (Monza, Monte-Carlo, here) the mental pressure on him to not make a mistake was high. And I think that may cause his rare 'brain fade' mistakes.
    Last edited by Rally Hokkaido; 29th October 2023 at 01:26.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

14. Likes: seb_sh (29th October 2023)