Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    That looks like a flat-out compression. What do you think? You can speed up video to see it better. Time - 16:50

https://youtu.be/Dj4xWc7Q-wU?si=mvTasnq5zpvuE2GO

2. Likes: Hartusvuori (16th October 2023)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    I have booked since February, I have spent a lot of money for this and now with all these that happen in Israel, I am a bit afraid to travel in Europe…

Today 6 French airports were evacuated after a bomb threat.

Liked 616 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    I have booked since February, I have spent a lot of money for this and now with all these that happen in Israel, I am a bit afraid to travel in Europe…

Stop priming yourself with irrelevant negativity unless you are choosing to have a bad time. You'll be fine.

5. Likes: EstWRC (18th October 2023),the sniper (18th October 2023),TWRC (19th October 2023)
    Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Stop priming yourself with irrelevant negativity unless you are choosing to have a bad time. You'll be fine.
    Absolutely agreed. You may encounter some inconvenience.

Go and enjoy yourself in what should be an amazing atmosphere. I read that some tickets are sold out?

Seems many, many fans will be out and about.....

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts

Won't you be further away from Israel if you go? And Czechia/Austria will be pretty low on the Islamic extremist priority list if it all kicks off...

8. Likes: EstWRC (18th October 2023)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts

Don't be afraid!

Per 2023 UN safety report Austria is the 4th safest country on the planet, Czechia 7th and Germany 16th. Here in Czechia we have never had a single islamist attack and not even any demonstration or unrest because there are close to zero muslims living here. Basically the worst thing which can happen to you is our infamous Prague taxi drivers

The borderland area, where most of the stages are, is basically low mountains with deep forests, small villages, old castles and plenty of hikers and bikers. I have myself hiked 100 km through there this summer. There is nothing to be afraid of, there are not even any bears, dangerous spiders or snakes there
    Last edited by Mirek; 18th October 2023 at 19:21.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: EstWRC (18th October 2023),Jeppe (25th October 2023),Jewy46 (19th October 2023),Katvala (19th October 2023),Rallyper (19th October 2023),the sniper (18th October 2023),TWRC (19th October 2023)
    Liked 234 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Don't be afraid!

Per 2023 UN safety report Austria is the 4th safest country on the planet, Czechia 7th and Germany 16th. Here in Czechia we have never had a single islamist attack and not even any demonstration or unrest because there are close to zero muslims living here. Basically the worst thing which can happen to you is our infamous Prague taxi drivers

The borderland area, where most of the stages are, is basically low mountains with deep forests, small villages, old castles and plenty of hikers and bikers. I have myself hiked 100 km through there this summer. There is nothing to be afraid of, there are not even any bears, dangerous spiders or snakes there
    Hah! I got ripped off by taxi drivers in Prague. Many years ago now, and it was my first trip to a foreign country as an adult. Didn't have internet to use and didn't look up any map. I remember taking the taxi to the same place a couple times. But then by walking later, realised it was just a short 1km walk, while the taxi driver took a long detour and charged a lot for it. Judging by the time to travel, I had assumed it was at least 10km away. It is a very nice city though

Sent from my M2012K11G using Tapatalk

12. Likes: cali (20th October 2023),Mirek (19th October 2023)
    Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    Right tyre choice will be key here. Changing conditions are expected - rainy, then sunny, then rainy again.. It is going to be really tricky, hopefully we won't lost many cars

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    ... and fallen leaves and needles.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    really difficult to predict the winner cause we dont know anything.

Ogier and Neuville are always very strong on tarmac, Tänak aced Rally Germany back in the day and has been good at Rally Croatia the last two years. The two title contenders Evans and Rovanperä i think will be more cautious in the beginning, although Evans needs a lot of points to still keep the title hopes alive.

Will be an interesting one, thats sure.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -