Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    I'm hoping that this is about Fernando AND Lance .
    Remember , the wounded "hero" isn't actually that far behind .

And , Red Bull isn't that far ahead .

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    This is a team that has won races in the past, don't forget... 4 of them as Jordan... in 1999 they were legitimate championship chasers, capable of winning races on merit.

For Lawrence Stroll's undeniable vision, he has a significant blind spot when it comes to his kid. He's not a bad driver by any stretch of the imagination, but he's not someone that any other team would be in a rush to put in their car (unless of course he was bringing daddy's money along with him for the ride). Better drivers are available, or at least affordable.

They've done a good job of this year's car, that much is undeniable, but they're hardly kicking Ferrari or Mercedes' heads in. You'd have an easier time arguing Ferrari and Mercedes are kicking their own heads in, than being made to eat Aston Martin's dust. Any dust presently being eaten appears to be on an entirely voluntary basis.

As for being able to keep up with or beat Red Bull, that's another matter altogether, and one I'd be more confident in Ferrari and Mercedes eventually achieving this year than AM.

We're two races into the longest-ever season. Let's not get carried away. A good start does not guarantee a successful season overall.

And long term, they have been as high as 4th in the WCC under both the Force India and Racing Point hats. Sergio gave them a win in the end of 2020. It's only due to slipping back that they have the chance to rise up again this year, and I agree that with both Merc and Ferrari in disarray it shouldn't be all that hard unless some people start making changes quickly.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    And long term, they have been as high as 4th in the WCC under both the Force India and Racing Point hats. Sergio gave them a win in the end of 2020. It's only due to slipping back that they have the chance to rise up again this year, and I agree that with both Merc and Ferrari in disarray it shouldn't be all that hard unless some people start making changes quickly.
    I think the open aspiration this year is to do more than just win races but to challenge Redbul for the championship. You missing the fact that the aim has moved from where you see them.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Mercedes have finally closed well up to Aston Martin in the constructors championship with only one point separating both teams. The fight for second place in the championship just became intensified at this Barcelona race, as Mercedes seem set to move up into second position if the Aston is unable to get at least one car ahead of both Mercedes by the end of this race. I think it is one of those that would change hands interchangeably until the end of the season
    William Shakespeare

What can we expect from Aston Martin at the Budapest GP? Hungary used to be a great track for Hamilton. The characteristics of the track would suggest Verstappen would be mighty there. But how would the 2nd tier behind him shape out?
    William Shakespeare

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    What can we expect from Aston Martin at the Budapest GP? Hungary used to be a great track for Hamilton. The characteristics of the track would suggest Verstappen would be mighty there. But how would the 2nd tier behind him shape out?
    The Hungaroring is also the site of Alonso's first victory in 2003 and Aston Martin almost scored a podium there in 2021 before Vettel was DQ'd from his P2 finish. I thinkt might well be AM's last chance for a podium this year (apart from maybe Singapure, if they should decide to replace Lance with Nelsinho Piquet for that race )
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

7. Likes: Bagwan (17th July 2023)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    The Hungaroring is also the site of Alonso's first victory in 2003 and Aston Martin almost scored a podium there in 2021 before Vettel was DQ'd from his P2 finish. I thinkt might well be AM's last chance for a podium this year (apart from maybe Singapure, if they should decide to replace Lance with Nelsinho Piquet for that race )
    Hey , you be nice now !

They've been talking about it being a good spot for them to make their mark , so it could be a possible win .
    Maybe , possibly .

For a few races now , they've seemed to just accept where they were with a shrug .
    It seems like they need a good one to relight the flame .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Hey , you be nice now !

They've been talking about it being a good spot for them to make their mark , so it could be a possible win .
    Maybe , possibly .

For a few races now , they've seemed to just accept where they were with a shrug .
    It seems like they need a good one to relight the flame .
    I doubt the Aston Martin car; even in the capable hands of Alonso would beat Verstappenn and Redbull at Budapest. It would have to take something very special from them to do that. Based on their recent performances, their best performnce would be to challenge Mclaren. Even so, they would need to have found something new to add to the car.

We expect a new surge forward from Aston Martin in the next few races. Hence, their return to 2nd place is anticipated but not guaranteed. Mclaren seeem to have found something special and they have a good hike in performance even before fully understanding everything of the upgrade. I am expecting more from Mclaren. The fight for 2nd place seem to be shaping out to be between Mclaren and Aston Martin. Incidentally, both are Mercedes customer teams.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Ha ha ha

The famous Renault Crashgate
    William Shakespeare

What's happened to Aston Martin? How did the wheels come off their very promising start to the season? Can they recover?
    William Shakespeare