Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Alonso thinks it was a racing incident and the penalty was unfair. He would know.
    Yes.......The penalty was harsh. 'los had every right to be pissed off

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Alonso thinks it was a racing incident and the penalty was unfair. He would know.
    Carlos is his buddy , and Spanish as well , so Fred was playing it a little cooler than if it were another rival .
    Remember , he was pretty hot under the collar a couple of races ago when he got tagged early on , but calmed down when he realized it was Lance .

This is the newer , friendlier Fred we are seeing .
    He was happy to get the podium back , and it would not have served his agenda to toss Carlos farther under the bus .

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Yes.......The penalty was harsh. 'los had every right to be pissed off

Well , he did spin Fred , so deserves something for what he did , doesn't he ?

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Perhaps you are correct baggy. However I endorse ' los' god given right to get pissed off

May the forza be with you

5. Likes: Bagwan (2nd April 2023)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    I do think even if RBR seem invincible at this point, these races are showing that RBR is not bullet proof. Max seems to have some issue with his transmission. Checo had problems with his brake settings. There are even hints of undercurrent of problems in the team.

Mercedes seems on the edge of being competitive. With some continual improvement they may be in the mix in this long season. Mercedes also were aggressive with Max and it paid off for them early. I didn't agree with their choosing to pit Russell, but the red flag ruined what every strategy they were trying to work.

I don't count out Leclerc either if Ferrari can get things sorted out.

7. Likes: Whyzars (3rd April 2023)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I really don't have a problem with penalties, but the lack of consistency. Gasly created some of that mess as well. Sergeant tapped into the back of Nyck and ruined his chances. Yet neither of the two got any penalties. In the case of Gasly, he took himself out. But that doesn't correct the fact that he screwed up other peoples races. If they are going to punish poor driving, they should do it at the front and the back, and everywhere in between, with consistency and on every occasion. Otherwise the middle of the pack drivers get away with things the front of the pack drivers don't get away with.

And placing the penalty time on any driver with no racing laps left just hangs them out to dry. They might as well have just said Carlos goes to the back of the pack. In this case he would have been better off if he took himself out of the race. Bottas got 5 grid places for taking out cars.... much less harsh as compared to what they did to Carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    I really don't have a problem with penalties, but the lack of consistency. Gasly created some of that mess as well. Sergeant tapped into the back of Nyck and ruined his chances. Yet neither of the two got any penalties. In the case of Gasly, he took himself out. But that doesn't correct the fact that he screwed up other peoples races. If they are going to punish poor driving, they should do it at the front and the back, and everywhere in between, with consistency and on every occasion. Otherwise the middle of the pack drivers get away with things the front of the pack drivers don't get away with.

And placing the penalty time on any driver with no racing laps left just hangs them out to dry. They might as well have just said Carlos goes to the back of the pack. In this case he would have been better off if he took himself out of the race. Bottas got 5 grid places for taking out cars.... much less harsh as compared to what they did to Carlos.
    It all gets a bit complicated if there are degrees of guilt in the melee , but those at the front generally are more responsible for the pace of the pack when it squeezes into the corners .
    You're right about others who may have their own culpabilities in episodes like this , though .

Giving him 5 places instead of 5 seconds makes a lot of sense that close to the end . That sounds like a great addition to the rules at perhaps the 5 laps to the end of the race point .

10. Likes: Mia 01 (6th April 2023)