Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Mercedes looking good. Russell also looking very good. I wonder, did Redbull give Perez the car he wanted, he looked awful with braking at the corners. That did not look like the same Redbull that won Jeddah
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 1st April 2023 at 16:19.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: truefan72 (1st April 2023)
    Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    I wouldn't get too excited about McMerc mate. Here is how I saw it.
    The issue was that for the final runs in Q3, there was no time for a prep lap. For the rest of qualifying, everyone was just pounding in laps on the same set. For final q3 runs when the fastest times were set, it was done with just an outlap

They all fueled for the first run to end as the rain was forecast to come. So everyone boxed with 4min left.

Then when coming out again there was time only for the outlap into push lap,which didn't fit the AM narrative, but took things towards Merc who could fire the tyres up quicker.
    I think this characteristic of the Mercedes will punish them in the booty tomorrow

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

4. Likes: Bagwan (1st April 2023),Mia 01 (1st April 2023)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    The issue was that for the final runs in Q3, there was no time for a prep lap. For the rest of qualifying, everyone was just pounding in laps on the same set. For final q3 runs when the fastest times were set, it was done with just an outlap

They all fueled for the first run to end as the rain was forecast to come. So everyone boxed with 4min left.

Then when coming out again there was time only for the outlap into push lap,which didn't fit the AM narrative, but took things towards Merc who could fire the tyres up quicker.
    I think this characteristic of the Mercedes will punish them in the booty tomorrow

I think you've got it spot on , McTazzy .
    Long game for Zo and his hero tomorrow .

I want to see Checo coming through the field , if they can find the gremlin in his buggy .

6. Likes: Mia 01 (1st April 2023),Tazio (1st April 2023)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post

That was my impression as well But this result would give Mercedes a moral boost. I expect them, to drop back a few places as the Aston comes through tomorrow. The interesting question is can Checo carve his way to the podium tomorrow? If he could do that,. he would keep his championship fight with Verstappen alive.

Redbull is not looking bulletproof at the moment, but l think they are way too strong to be properly punished when they have issues. Also, could it be Alonso return to the podium tomorrow? A Mercedes on the poduim would also be great. Go George!
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Something is going on with RBR and Checo. This seems very dubious in terms if the car setup. Typical Horner/red bull shenanigans. Perez complained in Q3 and they did nothing. Perez was great in Jeddah and suddenly he cant find the brakepoints???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It sounded suspicious to me as well.

Redbull are way faster than the rest of the field and it looks at this time that they will run away with both championships. If you were Horner, would you want team dynamics like Hamilton/Rosberg or more like Hamilton/Bottas? When you're way ahead of the field like Redbull is right now, it may be in their best interest to manipulate results a bit to keep a certain harmony in the team. Keeping Checo down just a notch is the way to do that. If he actually starts to challenge and feel he has a real chance at the title...things could get really ugly really quickly (like Hamilton/Rosberg). The longer he thinks he has a chance, the uglier it could get.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    I don't buy any of the conspiracy theories myself. Though a number 1 driver might get the best personnel in the garage, I seriously doubt any team is going to intentionally sabotage a car for the sake of keeping #1 and #2 status. There is simply too much financial risk to start, not to mention potential huge liability if a person is seriously injured or killed. There would probably also be big liability if the #2 status wasn't contract specified. And in that case it would simply be easier to order one driver to yield to another.

I don't think Checo is fast enough to challenge Max in a straight up fight. He was hired to be a good #2 and does well at that role so far. If he was faster, I think RB would give him a chance to race. After all, there is often a lot of money to be saved in contracts if a lesser paid driver beats a higher paid driver.

Like others, I think track temps are going to play a big part in who has race pace. RB look light on their tires, but some others are as well. If they all preserve tires as well as practice and qually suggested they might, we could see a quicker race pace over what we usually expect.

Well Lec's race is over

Whoa......space.......Why for the red flag?

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Crazy race so far. The whole Russell pit is seemed wrong from the start.

Russ on fire........ eek!