Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 337 Times in 178 Posts
    So Lindholm with Hyundai and Mikkelsen back in Toksport. Thats good for battles in WRC2.

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Thinking out loud ...

A list of competitors is not too wide in Rally1 or Rally2 but there some are interesting things to follow.

Rovanperä - can anyone beat him? He has declared Rally Estonia as his favourite rally. Without any technical problems/punctures, the only mission hardener can be if it will be too dry long time and it's too big disadvantage for being 1st on the road. It's quite long Friday.

Evans - can be a bit dark horse here. He showed good pace last year (6 stage wins, 10 times 2nd out of 24 stages), but he also has more bitter memories from Estonia - like huge crash from pre-event-test-rally and back-injury from one bad landing. But 2nd on the road is not helpful on friday.

Tänak - a lot of questions... but still really strong candidate for the win.

Neuville - he never liked rally Estonia or Finland, but 4th on the road on Friday can keep him in good distance. From pre-event interview before Safari, he admited that it's hard for him beat Rovanperä in Estonia and Finland. If he does not believe in himself, he can not do any good rally anyway.

Lappi - I would not be surprise if Lappi is going to win this one. He has adopted with Hyundai really well, he has the speed, he likes fast stuff and he has really good road position. In case Lappi is going to beat Neuville a lot in Estonia and in Finland, it may make team-dynamics interesting in Hyundai.

Katsuta - he kind of like fast stuff as well, but he need to finish.

Loubet - speed wise, probably slowest Rally1 driver this time and goal is to collect experience and stay on road.

Suninen - really good read position can make him "friday hero". If he can beat Neuville, it's probably hard for Neuville.

To conlcude that - I expect Rovanperä and Tänak as main fighters for the win, but most likely Lappi and maybe Evans are part of that as well.

Then comes Taka-Neuville-Suninen. Loubet can get places when something happens in front.

4. Likes: Hartusvuori (27th June 2023),Morte66 (4th July 2023),Rallyest (27th June 2023)
    Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Thinking out loud ...

A list of competitors is not too wide in Rally1 or Rally2 but there some are interesting things to follow.

Rovanperä - can anyone beat him? He has declared Rally Estonia as his favourite rally. Without any technical problems/punctures, the only mission hardener can be if it will be too dry long time and it's too big disadvantage for being 1st on the road. It's quite long Friday.

Evans - can be a bit dark horse here. He showed good pace last year (6 stage wins, 10 times 2nd out of 24 stages), but he also has more bitter memories from Estonia - like huge crash from pre-event-test-rally and back-injury from one bad landing. But 2nd on the road is not helpful on friday.

Tänak - a lot of questions... but still really strong candidate for the win.

Neuville - he never liked rally Estonia or Finland, but 4th on the road on Friday can keep him in good distance. From pre-event interview before Safari, he admited that it's hard for him beat Rovanperä in Estonia and Finland. If he does not believe in himself, he can not do any good rally anyway.

Lappi - I would not be surprise if Lappi is going to win this one. He has adopted with Hyundai really well, he has the speed, he likes fast stuff and he has really good road position. In case Lappi is going to beat Neuville a lot in Estonia and in Finland, it may make team-dynamics interesting in Hyundai.

Katsuta - he kind of like fast stuff as well, but he need to finish.

Loubet - speed wise, probably slowest Rally1 driver this time and goal is to collect experience and stay on road.

Suninen - really good read position can make him "friday hero". If he can beat Neuville, it's probably hard for Neuville.

To conlcude that - I expect Rovanperä and Tänak as main fighters for the win, but most likely Lappi and maybe Evans are part of that as well.

Then comes Taka-Neuville-Suninen. Loubet can get places when something happens in front.
    Weather wise it predicts to be rain,sun/clouds,rain,sun/clouds for whole rally week. Nothing too wet, nothing too dry atm, so if it stays like that it can be very dangerous for everyone since it can benefit Rovanperas friday.
    But i think the fight for win will be Rovanpera, Tänak and Lappi(if he can handle the weekend long high speed full attack, which makes me concerned, tho Sweden he managed it till the puncture)
    i have mixed feelings about Evans so im not confident to throw him in the podium mix, maybe if someone out of the first three makes a mistake.
    Neuville i think will be the front runner of the second tier Rally1 drivers, even tho he has a good starting position he usually has very weak fridays.

I dont have so much confidence in Suninen if he only gets a PET, if he can compete in Southern estonian rally on 8th, that will be a good indication where he is pace wise, since there are expected other Rally1 drivers aswell. but all in all i wouldnt be expecting much from him on his first "real" outing. Maybe in finland.

Loubet probably will be where he has been all season. I hope Taka will do well and beat Neuville, probably will if he wont make a mistake, he hasnt been very reliant on Estonias fast roads

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Making weather predictions now is silly. Maybe when we have a week to go, then yes.

But if its bone dry, its gonna be hell for Kalle. Its so loose and friday being extra long this year doesnt help his case either.

Liked 39 Times in 14 Posts
    Is there any info about the spectators spots? There might be on the magazine, but on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontcut View Post
    Is there any info about the spectators spots? There might be on the magazine, but on the internet?
    There is. But you mean free or paid content?

Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    Making weather predictions now is silly. Maybe when we have a week to go, then yes.

But if its bone dry, its gonna be hell for Kalle. Its so loose and friday being extra long this year doesnt help his case either.
    Just analizing the outcome based on info we have right now, i know weather in estonia can change in a heartbeat. We had our week of Estonian summer, so probably will be more rainy then

Liked 39 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    There is. But you mean free or paid content?
    Yeah, free. Usually they show them on the rallyestonia website.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontcut View Post
    Yeah, free. Usually they show them on the rallyestonia website.
    https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/spec...ectator-areas/

12. Likes: meh (29th June 2023)