Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    I'm gutted for all involved. I really hope Tanak just drives hard and puts on a show for the fans and takes some stage wins.

2. Likes: cali (20th July 2023)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    And Tänak's engine problem - it's a HUGE disappointment. We can make jokes towards M-Sport, but there is nothing to be happy about here (even you are Toyota or Hyuindai fan). A lot of effort has been put to make things happen, and it has no huge step-back or even may stop here. Feel sorry for everyone involved. It's not good for the sport and competition, not for this rally or for the title fight in general.
    +10

Very wise words.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    I wanna cry

This is a huge blow for all the fans and rally itself

I’m sure many don’t bother to come now even
    But do you still mean that Ott isn´t going flat out? That you will not see him on stages flying? That he will never give up? True sportsmen just drive to the end. And the end hasn´t even started yet.

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    But do you still mean that Ott isn´t going flat out? That you will not see him on stages flying? That he will never give up? True sportsmen just drive to the end. And the end hasn´t even started yet.
    At this point I don't even know what to expect from Tänak. From the comments from previously linked article he has zero motivation, it means he is really pissed off (can't blame).

It may mean:
    - if he cools down and still want to fight for the title, he need to go through with decent pace and hope at least for some points - no pushing
    - if he has zero motivation to get any points and show good pace - no pushing
    - if he has zero motivation to finish and do not care about the end-result, he may push like crazy till he cause some crash (like double puncture 2 years ago)
    - if he concentrates now to show, "what could been" - he may show good pace

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Last year with five minute loss Loubet got 7th place
    And in 2021 it would have been 6th place; 2020 8th place...
    So top 5 is only realistic, if there are some DNF-s from others.

So far this thread is all about Tänak and M-Sport as no other news come in. I hope when the rally starts we can enjoy good fight for the 2 podium positions, I guess no one can touch Rovanperä's win by speed/performance.

... and I actually still have not decided, should I go to spectate as well or watch all-live.

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    At this point I don't even know what to expect from Tänak. From the comments from previously linked article he has zero motivation, it means he is really pissed off (can't blame).

It may mean:
    - if he cools down and still want to fight for the title, he need to go through with decent pace and hope at least for some points - no pushing
    - if he has zero motivation to get any points and show good pace - no pushing
    - if he has zero motivation to finish and do not care about the end-result, he may push like crazy till he cause some crash (like double puncture 2 years ago)
    - if he concentrates now to show, "what could been" - he may show good pace
    Well, I don´t know about his mental condition, but to me all of those "zero motivation" arguments doesn´t belong to a driver at the top level. Think it´s coming from people having their own unfounded speculations.

I read 95% negative reaction on social media to the penalty applied by the FIA (rule) both regarding Tanak and rallying / WRC in general.

These fans, while they may not be hardcore or understand the reason for the rule, are important to the future of the sport. This Rule decision has done a lot of damage to the image of WRC.

10. Likes: Rallyper (20th July 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceemic View Post
    And in 2021 it would have been 6th place; 2020 8th place...
    So top 5 is only realistic, if there are some DNF-s from others.
    That's all assuming he has the same speed as in the i20. Plus he will now have a worse road position than the previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Well, I don´t know about his mental condition, but to me all of those "zero motivation" arguments doesn´t belong to a driver at the top level. Think it´s coming from people having their own unfounded speculations.
    We can assume here whatever and we still don't know First taste we will have from SS1 stage-end interview and reality check with tomorrow's first loop.

13. Likes: Rallyper (20th July 2023)