Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    From todays first 2 stages, only surprise (for me) is actually Neuville - he is doing better than I expected. Good road position helps, but let's see how he is doing with more pumpy south Estonia.

2. Likes: cali (21st July 2023),TWRC (21st July 2023)
    Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    From todays first 2 stages, only surprise (for me) is actually Neuville - he is doing better than I expected. Good road position helps, but let's see how he is doing with more pumpy south Estonia.
    Yes it is good to see he has Started the morning atleast strong on friday, not the usual sucks on friday and starts climbing on saturday

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    Yes it is good to see he has Started the morning atleast strong on friday, not the usual sucks on friday and starts climbing on saturday
    Hopefully he won’t have a puncture or something so Rovanperä won’t be cruising by tomorrow lunchtime.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Hopefully he won’t have a puncture or something so Rovanperä won’t be cruising by tomorrow lunchtime.
    Dont jinx it

6. Likes: Eli (21st July 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Obviously you and I also are persons on a different average mode. I can easily leave things behind, and as you mentioned he has so much to be happy for. An engine failure one day, crash another. Should he have that in mind all the time? Is that what you learn from shrinks?
    Sportsmen often need them, but I think Ott need it more.
    Hey, each to their own. I appreciate that we all see the world differently, and don't expect anyone else to think or feel the same way I do.

I would also agree that it is helpful for a sportsperson to be able to move past their own mistakes.

This situation, though... considering how he must be feeling, I don't know how he can set the times he's setting, other than absolutely not giving a flying f*ck whether the car makes it to the end of the stage in one piece.I don't know how you can just 'get over' a 5 minute penalty through no fault of your own before even starting your home event where you're a national hero.

8. Likes: cali (21st July 2023),Rallyper (21st July 2023)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    On the RC2 field - Solberg was expected to be good and favourite etc, but maybe not that much faster than others? Taking into account he has some sickness to carry as well.

10. Likes: er88 (21st July 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    Hey, each to their own. I appreciate that we all see the world differently, and don't expect anyone else to think or feel the same way I do.

I would also agree that it is helpful for a sportsperson to be able to move past their own mistakes.

This situation, though... considering how he must be feeling, I don't know how he can set the times he's setting, other than absolutely not giving a flying f*ck whether the car makes it to the end of the stage in one piece.I don't know how you can just 'get over' a 5 minute penalty through no fault of your own before even starting your home event where you're a national hero.
    In a way, i mean it is a bad situation but it is kinda a very good stress test for the Puma, by pushing to the max every stage they can find the weak spots on fast gravel and they can try and improve theese things before finland, that is the upside i see about this and i am sure M-sport knows it too

Edit: i mean the durability side not the performance side

12. Likes: cali (21st July 2023),Rallyper (21st July 2023)
    Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Stage 4 delayed

Photographers in dangerous place

14. Likes: meh (21st July 2023)
    Liked 107 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    On the RC2 field - Solberg was expected to be good and favourite etc, but maybe not that much faster than others? Taking into account he has some sickness to carry as well.
    Excellent start from Solberg, but a long way to go yet. If he can keep up the pace it will be interesting to see what Mikkelsen's approach will be, will he just try to play the long game and hope for a mistake or push more to try to catch Solberg. Interesting WRC2 battle so far for the fastest Estonian as well

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Next one is a Classic and one of the fastest stage

17. Likes: cali (21st July 2023),meh (21st July 2023)