Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    That is true to some extent. I think the situation would be much different if they were racing for the championship. But we cannot take that away from George Russell.
    Why would it be different if they were racing for a championship ?
    Are you insinuating that Lewis isn't trying ?

2. Likes: airshifter (16th March 2023),Mia 01 (16th March 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    Just remind me, how many motors are they allowed to have in a season?
    And how many do you think they already have?
    Or, are we talking about motors for next season?
    They might have been windshield wiper motors , Steve .
    I'm not sure .

Seriously , though , they get the motors from a pool offered by the manufacturer , as I'm sure you know , but the intimation is that they may get the ones with the shiny red stickers on them .

Just spreading an ugly rumour , man .

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Exactly, he wasn't trying but testing various components. I would love to see both brits tussle on track for wins. Mind you, l highly rate George Russell and l have a bet he would be an F1 world champion in the near future. If George can beat Hamilton in a straight fight for the title, he would cement his name in the F1 hall of fame Alonso style.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 16th March 2023 at 22:35.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

I'm not sure .

Seriously , though , they get the motors from a pool offered by the manufacturer , as I'm sure you know , but the intimation is that they may get the ones with the shiny red stickers on them .

I am sure there is a bit of jealousy in there as well. Aston Martin blowing away the mighty Mercedes in the first race of the season has got to sting a bit, don't you think?
    William Shakespeare

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Well obviously Bagwan, we all knew that last year you helped Trophy Wife win in FGP while you selflessly tested components, gave up sponsors, and provided her with valuable resources. We all know that had you been the top two teams you would have easily bested her if you desired.

Testing components. Testing components.

Lewis didn't have a great year last year. His rookie teammate beat him. Lewis didn't have a great year in 2021. He lost the title while Merc retained the WCC due to the number two driver scoring good points above the RB number two.

It happens. Teams screw it up, drivers screw it up. None of them are winning championships in average cars, and none of them dominate without the best cars. Had luck always come his way and he had always been mistake free, Lewis would probably have 9 WDC's now. But he managed to snatch 7 of them, which is still a great record.

But the entire excuse train thing is just that... excuses. They are entitled to get it wrong, at some point lose to newer drivers, and have the imperfect cars. Life goes on. But for me personally, I think it's when people get too invested that the excuses all start coming to light. No proper hero can lose in a fair battle, thus it's time to change reality.

Sorry, not sorry. If Lewis decides to leave Merc he will. I don't think it will create any wild shuffling. Lewis is aging, the young guns are honing their skills. Not to say there isn't a place on the grid for a Lewis or Fernando, but their value is still decided by how they drive, not their track record.

7. Likes: Bagwan (17th March 2023)
    Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    I'm not sure .

I was just thinking that if they're only allowed three for the season, there's one in each car and they must already have a spare for each car, it doesn't leave much scope for playing "musical engines".

Anyway, I'll bet Lewis already has the best one in the car and the second best for his spare. He'll have the third best stashed in a lock-up in Brackley so nobody else gets it.

9. Likes: Bagwan (17th March 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Well obviously Bagwan, we all knew that last year you helped Trophy Wife win in FGP while you selflessly tested components, gave up sponsors, and provided her with valuable resources. We all know that had you been the top two teams you would have easily bested her if you desired.

Testing components. Testing components.

Lewis didn't have a great year last year. His rookie teammate beat him. Lewis didn't have a great year in 2021. He lost the title while Merc retained the WCC due to the number two driver scoring good points above the RB number two.

It happens. Teams screw it up, drivers screw it up. None of them are winning championships in average cars, and none of them dominate without the best cars. Had luck always come his way and he had always been mistake free, Lewis would probably have 9 WDC's now. But he managed to snatch 7 of them, which is still a great record.

But the entire excuse train thing is just that... excuses. They are entitled to get it wrong, at some point lose to newer drivers, and have the imperfect cars. Life goes on. But for me personally, I think it's when people get too invested that the excuses all start coming to light. No proper hero can lose in a fair battle, thus it's time to change reality.

Sorry, not sorry. If Lewis decides to leave Merc he will. I don't think it will create any wild shuffling. Lewis is aging, the young guns are honing their skills. Not to say there isn't a place on the grid for a Lewis or Fernando, but their value is still decided by how they drive, not their track record.
    Well of course, achievement counts for nothing nowadays. As you say it was luck, not talent. Seven titles just happen to fall in his lap while taking a stroll. If you have achieved anything substantial, you would not say these things. As you would recognize how bloody hard it is to attain one, not to talk of seven. You clearly can not stand his success in the sport. We have been here before.

I don't hear you saying the same for Alonso who is even older.
    William Shakespeare

Well of course, achievement counts for nothing nowadays. As you say it was luck, not talent. Seven titles just happen to fall in his lap while taking a stroll. If you have achieved anything substantial, you would not say these things. As you would recognize how bloody hard it is to attain one, not to talk of seven. You clearly can not stand his success in the sport. We have been here before.

I don't hear you saying the same for Alonso who is even older.
    Alonso is not being beaten by his team mate .

Alonso is not being beaten by his team mate .
    Wel, it is well known how you feel about Hamilton so l would say no more to you about the matter.
    William Shakespeare

Wel, it is well known how you feel about Hamilton so l would say no more to you about the matter.
    You're the one who said Lewis wasn't trying .

I would say , rather , that Lewis is having a hard time in a really difficult car .
    Remember , George was used to tough cars when he came in , and Lewis was coming off years of domination cars .

Remember when Kimi couldn't drive the Lotus and they said he was finished ?
    They soon forgot about all that when they sorted the steering , and he kept entertaining us for years .

Nobody is questioning that Hamilton is good .
    And , I am not questioning whether he is trying as hard as he can to turn the car around .